We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

Hi There, we are considering a visit to KK in mid October this year to celebrate a special birthday.

We would probably stay in the Tanjung Aru after looking at feedback on the site and given its a lot closer to other amenities than its sister hotel.

Our only concern is the possibility of poor weather (especially rain) during our stay (15-23 Oct) we don't mind a daily shower but would hate to be caught in the middle of heavy daily downpours!!

Are we still likely to get a tan and spend some long peiods relaxing by a pool or on the beach?

Should I book the trip or consider coming in the dry season next year?

Hope you can help, Regards, k8rew.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

Weather will be fine in Oct. Lots of sunshine with occasional rain. No worries, you will enjoy yr stay in KK.

Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

It was some years ago so things may have changed, but the Tanjung Rasa Ria Hotel was fabulous and worth a couple of nights just to experience the Orang-a-tangs on the site and the beach!. Also stayed at Tanjung Aru which was completely different with only a small man made beach but much nearer the 'town'. Also had a couple of nights at the Hyatt - fabulous views. Even having travelled extensively since, this is still my favourite holiday! L.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

Hi k8rew,

Weather is currently unpredictable in Sabah.

But i can assure you that it won't be raining whole day.

Normally it rains about an hour or two then it stops, then Mr. Sunshine will be back at work. Not to worry bout not getting tanned, you'll for sure get a good one. I could get my skin tanned just walking around the town for 30mins-1hour.

Beach.. STAR isn't a good choice. But if you are looking for location convenience, then STAR is a good choice.

Nickie

4. Re: Weather in Mid October - Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:16