We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing honeymoon suggestions for 5 or 6 nights

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing honeymoon suggestions for 5 or 6 nights

Hi everyone!

May I please have some itinerary suggestions for our upcoming honeymoon at the end of March 2013. However, we only have 5 - 6 nights.

We wish to be relaxed and therefore NOT trek up Mount Kinabalu, but would enjoy nature walks, seeing orangutans and wildlife (preferably in the wild rather than a zoo etc), snorkelling and eating good food! :-)

Greatly appreciate all your advice!

Thank you so much! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Mount Kinabalu
Mount Kinabalu
1,356 Reviews
Sabah, Malaysia
Borneo Trails Tours - Day Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Borneo Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Amazing Borneo Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Climbing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Navi Borneo Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing honeymoon suggestions for 5 or 6 nights

Kinabatangan river area is fantastic for seeing lots of wildlife, there are loads of different places to stay there. We only went for 3 days but still saw lots of wildlife including wild orang utans.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
10 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing honeymoon suggestions for 5 or 6 nights

There is this activity called Klias River Cruise, which involves taking a cruise along a river where you can spot orangutans and monkeys in the trees and at night fireflies appear! It's quite a fun and relaxing thing and it's day trip so I would highly recommend it.

borneodream.com/explore-wildlife-adventure/w…

There is also this place called Danum Valley. It's a beautiful place, very relaxing and quiet, it's a nature reserve so it's perfect for nature walks and jungle trekking and things like that, plus the accommodation there is superb! The only drawback is that it's located far out and it takes time to travel there and ideally it'd be better to spend at least 4 days there. There are some shorter packages though. But it's a place I'd guarantee you'd enjoy! I personally loved it.

http://www.danumvalley.info/

However you don't need to do that to enjoy KK! For snorkelling there are so many islands to check out, the one I always go to is Manukan Island.

You don't need to trek up Mount Kinabalu, but I'd say heading up to the National Park (where climbers go before making the trek) is worth visiting as the area is nice to just walk around and explore. If you want to experience something quite interesting, make your way to the Sabah Tea Farm Fish pond place, where for a small fee you can feed fish with your dead skin cells.. It's completely safe and a really funny story to bring back to your folks!

As for good food.. there is good food everywhere! But only the locals know where the best places are at. KK is well known for its delicious and cheap seafood!

Mentioned in this post
Manukan Island
Manukan Island
1,736 Reviews
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Mount Kinabalu
Mount Kinabalu
1,356 Reviews
Sabah, Malaysia
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
3. Re: Relaxing honeymoon suggestions for 5 or 6 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:16