We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping with or without joining local tour

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Island hopping with or without joining local tour

As I will be in Shangrila TA in late May, there is a jetty there. If I wanted to snorkel around Mamutik and Sulug by ourselves instead of joining local tour? Is it possible? When is the best time to snorkel around there? Many thanks!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island hopping with or without joining local tour

HI Milky-snowy,

Yes you can, to Mamutik only. Just approach the jetty in your resort to book the ride. As their pool will be on renovation, you can take the ride for free from the 28th May to 11th June.

Nickie

HK
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island hopping with or without joining local tour

Thanks for your reply! As I will be at KK from 25-29 May, I can enjoy both the pool in TA and free boat trip to Mamurtik. Your reminder help me a lot!

HK
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island hopping with or without joining local tour

Thanks for your reply! As I will be at KK from 25-29 May, I can enjoy both the pool in TA and free boat trip to Mamurtik. Your reminder help me a lot!

HK
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island hopping with or without joining local tour

Thank you, Sabah girl,

I read some previous about the TAR marine park and there're many negative posts about the beach cleanliness, pollution and crowded tourists. Also, the arrangement of return boat trip is always late for 1-2 hours. Are they true? Thank you!

5. Re: Island hopping with or without joining local tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 07:17