We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan which carrier should I use

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan which carrier should I use

I would like to fly from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan and it appears that I could use either Airasia or Malaysia Airlines. Does anybody have experience of either of these, which would you recommend and why?

Reliability is key for me, as I don't want to suffer from cancellations during my holiday.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Sandakan
Sandakan
Sandakan Division, Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan which carrier should I use

Hi Gavin,

both airlines are fine. Have not experience any cancellation as yet.

But there are quite frequent delay by Malaysia airlines from Tawau and also Sandakan.

Nickie

Mentioned in this post
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,362 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan which carrier should I use

Cancellations are unlikely.

As Nickie says both airlines have good on time records. Take into consideration that Air Asia is a budget Airline and you will not get an allocated seat or checked luggage unless you pay extra above the base airfare.

3. Re: Flying Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan which carrier should I use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:19