We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Borneo Railway with young children

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
North Borneo Railway with young children

I will be travelling to Kk in a few weeks with my family and I am currently researching activities to do with my 3 year olds. I am reluctant to do the firefly/ proboscis tour due to the lengh of time travelling by bus but wondered if the North Borneo railway would be a good option.

Has anyone travelled with ( active) 3 year olds on the train? Is it ok to move about the train or are you expected to remain in your seat?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Gogosabah
Sightseeing Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
River Junkie Tours
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Hiking & Camping Tours
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,338 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Borneo Railway with young children

You are able to walk around the train. I have done so.

It does rock and roll a bit as it is a narrow gauge railway.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 00:03
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Borneo Railway with young children

HI caplet,

you can also consider taking your 3 years old for Raja Laut Sunset Cruise, i have seen many little ones on board and they love it.

3. Re: North Borneo Railway with young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 09:35
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,338 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Borneo Railway with young children

Please read

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

5. Re: North Borneo Railway with young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu