We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting kota kinabulu

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
visiting kota kinabulu

Will be in ho chi minh, and thinking of going to kota kinabulu for a week, towards end of september, early october.

Can I fly direct from ho chi minh? Who flies there?

Have never been to Sabah, any ideas on where to go, and what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
143 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

I'm going there with my wife in December. Can't help you with what's there.

But in terms of flight, Malaysia Airlines flies there with a stop in KUL.

Good luck, and hope you have fun.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

Have a look at Top Questions on the right of the page and things to do in the green section at the top of the page.. A lot of information.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
33 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

We were in Kota Kinabalu last week and there is plenty to do. Take a speedboat ride out to Mamutik Island and do some snorkelling, travel to the Shangri La resort to see their small wildlife reserve and watch the orang utans. This trip will take about 45 - 60 mins each way depending on traffic. Ensure you are there for the feeding time (10 am for the morning session) and stay for the entire hour. The beach here is beautiful too. There are plenty of markets and museums as well as shopping centres. I would have loved to do the Borneo Railway but it only operates on Saturday and Wednesday. Maybe next time! Have a great time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

There is a lot to do in and around KK. Snorkelling, scuba diving, jetski, banana boat rides, parasailing, white water rafting, jungle trekking, North Borneo Railway, fireflies tours, wildlife tours, Orangutan etc. It really depends on what type of activity you like. I don't think you can fly direct, you will probably have to come through KL.

sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

Thanks, sounds good.

Yes will go through KL

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

Consider HCMC - Manila - Kota Kinabalu using Cebu Pacific. Their timings will force a stopover in Manila, but you get a free 30 day visa waiver for the Philippines :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

Hi BigW!

I was in touch with you a few months ago about my trip to Sabah - and you were very helpful.

You said that you would be in KK most of June & maybe we could meet up for a meal/drink. if you are still available (and haven't forgotten me!) my friend, Fiona, and I would love to hear some of your stories.

We will be arriving Saturday 21 june - 3:15 and flying home Monday afternoon. We are staying at Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort/Spa.

Possible to meet up?

Chris

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

Didn't forget you but we will just miss each other. I am departing KK on the 21 June on a 1.40 pm flight to KL. Might pass somewhere at the airport or over the South China sea.

What time does your flight arrive in KK?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

3:15PM!

What a shame :-(((

10. Re: visiting kota kinabulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 19:19