We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabah / Brunei with young children

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Sabah / Brunei with young children

We are looking at travelling to both Sabah and Brunei in Oct with our two young children (aged 3 years and 14 months).

We are looking at either of the Shangri-La's in KK (probably the Rasa Ria) and then the Empire.

Are we mad doing this with such little children? Should we take a reality check and just stay put in KK or even simply go to Langkawi (or elsewhere)?

Thanks

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabah / Brunei with young children

Hi Chief,

Very subjective answer this:

Assuming your 3 year old, like mine, is a split atom (all over the place) and your 14 month old is wearing down the first pair of shoes (or trying very hard to), you might have your hands full chasing after them.

Me? I would choose a spot and stick to it. Unless you have a marathon endurance and chasing after your kids doesn't make you tired. I feel if you stay put, you will be more relaxed about what you can and can't do, and where you can and can't go with the little ones.

Don't let that one place be Brunei though, beyond your resort there is Jerudong Park and not much else for the kids.

Just my opinion. Use it don't use it.

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabah / Brunei with young children

Hi

DId you actually get on your travels with the kids.

I don't think you're mad, I'm going to Brunei and KK in February and taking my girls (twins 3 and eldest 6).

I'm sure they'll be fine - we took my youngest around Penang and Langkawi when she was 18 months. She loved the Butterfly Farm in Penang and everyone was so accommodating wherever we went.

We also stayed on Sentosa in Singapore which was ideal.

Go for it - think of the experience you're giving them

Sharon

Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu