We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hello,

I've read a number of blogs and posts about what you need to pay to climb Kinabalu, but I haven't seen a recent recommendation of where/with who to book it. I also have read prices keep increasing. I've done a google search and have emailed two operators who have said they charge 1100 and 1450 MYR per person if two people. That's a lot more than what people have noted on blogs I read, but they were 1-2 years old.

I was hoping to get recommendations on the cheapest way to book the trip, and where to buy.

I'm looking at the last few days of December this year.

Thank you! If this question has been answered in the past 6 months many apologies for not having found it, and feel free to link me to any threads.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hi there,

The price of climbing kept increasing due to demand, and mostly, is due to the limited beds in Laban Rata, Therefore some operator holds the bed and lease them with higher price. At the moment most spaces has been hard blocked by operators for the coming 6 months.

If you do not mind risking "not getting to climb", you can try your luck upon arrival in Kota Kinabalu. Walk in to Sutera Sancturary Lodges office and you maybe get last minute cancellation by others. This will be the cheapest way with no guarantee.

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

We are flying to KK just to do the hike so don't really want to take a gamble.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hi,

if that's the case, then best to is book with travel agent. The price you have been quoted is about right.

Singaopore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hi melimango,

My cousin and i are planning to climb on the last few days of December too which is on Chrismas. We emailed Sutera Sanctuary Lodges, and they quoted us at 1314 MYR for 2 person and this is excluding the -Entrance fees,

-Climbing Permit,

-Transportation (optional)

to either via Timpohon Gate or via Mersilau Trail,

-Mountain guide fee,

-Porter fee (optional),

-and Certificate (Optional)

We are still considering as it is too expensive. One of the reason they told us is December is a PEAK SEASON.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Dear Melimango,

Get direct quote from Sutera Sanctuary Lodges who is the operator of Kinabalu National Park.

International Price (Dorm Oackage) for 2014 should be:

RM691 per person for 3D2N via Timpohon.

Sutera Sanctuary Lodges,

Sutera Harbour Resorts

Level 1, The Pacific Sutera Hotel

88100 Kota Kinabalu

Sabah, Malaysia

General: +60 88 303 900 - EXT '2'

Fax: +60 88 317 540 / +60 88 310 118

E-mail: sslpresv1@suteraharbour.com.my

Sandakan, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

I literally just emailed the lodges as suggested and they quoted me 1192 Ringit for the 2 day, 1 night climb. Not sure where your figure came from...

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Price are different between Malaysian and International. Also depends on what type of room/huts. (Normally geeting bed at Laban rata much more expensive than other huts i.e panar laban).

P/S: Those made booking 3 month onward an advance are compulsory to buy their 3days 2nights package. 2Days 1night only open for booking 1-60days an advance.

Hope this help.

Thanks.

8. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 16:18
Edited: 29 April 2014, 16:18
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hello,we have plan to climb in mt.kinabalu nxt year month of may..any suggestion about the sched and how much the cost?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best price for 2 person 2 day 1 night Mount Kinabalu climb?

Hi there,

The price is unpredictable..because normally the main operator will change the price every year on april 1. So if you thinking climbing on may then you need to email or make a phone call to the main operator to check for the price..You can ask if you can make a booking earlier for next year booking.

Other option is to book through travel agency or freelance tour organiser. Group friend of mine secure their next year booking through freelance tour organiser..and they pay rm880 per person ( 3 of them) for 2days 1 night package include transportation, accomodation, guide, fees and meals.

Hope this help.Have a nice day.

Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu