We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know where a pet friendly resort in KK?

Kampung Ceneh...
1 post
Save Topic
Anyone know where a pet friendly resort in KK?

I'm planning to go to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah with my family. I'm also planning to bring my 3 furry siblings, the cats. I wanted them to come with me. But, I'm searching for a PERFECT pet friendly resort. Like, it have pools and other things. Can you suggest one? I am very dizzy and tired due to searching for the resort. I've checked many. But, example, Nexus REsort Karambunai. It says pets are allowed, but when I checked somewhere else, it says that NO PETS ALLOWED. Please help me!!

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know where a pet friendly resort in KK?

The first question you should ask is how do you intend to bring your cats over to Sabah? If presumably you are from Terengganu in Peninsular Malaysia as your profile seems to indicate, how do you intend to transport your cats over to Sabah? You can't just simply bring them on board a flight as you wish. Air Asia does not allow pets, and Malaysia Airlines will charge you as excess baggage and require their prior approval and compliance to their stowage conditions in their cargo hold. Your pets will need to have been vaccinated and may be subjected to quarantine upon arrival.

Maybe I am missing something, but is it really worth the hassle to arrange it with the airlines just for a short holiday in Sabah?

Most hotels in Malaysia are unfortunately not pet-friendly. I'm afraid you will find it difficult to find a perfect pet-friendly resort much less any pet-friendly resort.

2. Re: Anyone know where a pet friendly resort in KK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:16