We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to KK

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to KK

I am flying into KK, and want to visit shangri la to see interpretive centre. Where is best to stay and what tours are available to see orangutans?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to KK

The interpretative centre is part of the Shangri-La Rasa Ria resort. So the best place to stay to see the centre would be to stay at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria. No need for a tour, you just walk over to the centre and register a spot.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to KK

If you want to see the Orang U Tan at Rasa Ria, you will have too book in advance as places are limited and in demand.

If you are staying at the resort, you can book at the activities desk outside the resort shop.

If not you will have to contact the resort and book. You can book up to 72 hours in advance. All information is at this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298307-i9429-k361…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to KK

As mentioned by others, Shangri-la Rasa Ria is the best place to stay for what you are after. They run many different tours of the sanctuary, about a dozen I think, and some of them are only run on alternative days. The more popular ones require 72 hours advance booking notice, others you can book on the day. Prices vary depending on what tour you are doing but they are very reasonable, starting at RM22 and going to about RM70. If you contact the Rasa Ria you can ask them to email a copy of the daily activities and activities price list and they will provide one for you. This will give you all the information you need. Keep in mind that if the weather is unfavourable the tours can be cancelled and there is also no guarantee that you will see the orang-utans, but most of the time they are there. We were there last month, it really is a beautiful place and I can highly recommend it.

4. Re: Trip to KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17