We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Sutera or Magellan

Perth
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific Sutera or Magellan

Hi All,

I've done so much reading on both places and so confused now! Magellan seems to be the better choice which is reflected in the higher price. I'm trying to narrow it down by facilities that are important to me. Do both places have a swim up pool bar and does one have a better/longer stretch of beach? Also which place has the newer/more modern rooms? Any other distinguishing features would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Sutera or Magellan

The hotels are both part of the same resort.

If you stay at either hotel at Sutera Harbour you can use all the facilities at the resort including restaurants, bars, pools, sporting facilities and the movie theatre. There is a swim up bar at the pool nearest to the Pacific.

There is very little beach at either as the resort as it is on reclaimed land and the beaches near each hotel .are small and artificial. There is access to the off shore island from the Sutera harbour Marina.

For comments on rooms etc. read the reviews under HOTELS in the green section at the top of the page.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Sutera or Magellan

We have stayed at both. Service, food, drinks, the grounds and facilities are really good at both. The Magellan has more of a resort feel, the hallways are open and the reception area is also a large open pavilion overlooking the ocean. Pacific is the sister hotel and the building itself has a normal hotel feel to it. The actual rooms are very similar however the Magellan rooms have a small balcony and I think are better décor-wise. Facilities are shared between the two, if you stay at one you can use the facilities at the other, it is just a short walk through the marina. Both have a swim up bar. The Magellan has a small man-made beach but it is nothing much and the Pacific does not have a beach at all but the views from the Breeze bar area of the sunsets is spectacular. Personally, I would choose the Magellan for no other reason than It just feels that little bit more special.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Sutera or Magellan

As said in my first reply, there is a small man made beach at Pacific. If you get a club room on the top 2 floors at Pacific you will also get a balcony.

4. Re: Pacific Sutera or Magellan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu