We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses KK to Sandakan return

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Buses KK to Sandakan return

Can members advise of Buses KK to Sandakan return, will they pick up at poring hot springs and set down as required only the way to Sandakan?

Timetables and costs please.

Must services between 6-10 April be booked in advance or will places always be found on them if flagged down?

Kind Regards

Roger

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Hi Roger,

You can flag the busses down at Kinabalu Park, Kundasang and the nearest to Poring, Ranau. They will not stop at Poring as this is some distance and out of the way from the route they will follow to Sandakan.

To flag them down would possibly always reveal a space, unless you're trying it over holiday periods. Not sure if anything significant is happening during that time in April.

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Thank you EastofWest

Can I find a timetable or route map online so I can see how often they run?

How long is the trip from Ranua to Sandakan?

Roger

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Hi Roger, you ask

'Can I find a timetable or route map online so I can see how often they run?'

Ive never seen one, the link following has 6 bus companies on it-not one of them has a website. I know Tung Ma Express do this route but i was also told to avoid them by some KK locals (didnt say why) so still not much help. If you ever find one, please come back and post the link for others, it is a question ive seen before, i know this because i was one of the people who asked it! I think they (the bus companies) are totally unaware how much this is costing them by not having this information available-well they lost me to the airlines for a start-people planning their own itineraries need this info-thats how i always travel. Im reluctant to pay for accomodation within Sabah then take a chance on getting a bus to get me there from KK, not knowing times and trip durations etc so i book a flight instead. Their loss. I cant believe Sabah Tourism Board arent giving them all a kick and telling them to at least put up a timetable and price list.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:UR3j4zcu7LwJ:www.sabahtourism.com/directory.php%3FID%3D18%26lg%3D1+sabah+bus&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=19

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Hi Sandgroperwa

I have emailed http://www.sabahtourism.com this PM and given them some feedback and asked for any details for long distance bus timetables and routes.

Will feedback to the site any information I receive

Cheers

Roger

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

I now have had feedback on KK to Sandakan bus services and timetable.

Hope this is helpful

Roger

Terminal Bas Bandaraya (Utara)

Jalan Undan

Off Mile 6, Juala Tuaran

88400 Kota Kinabalu

Tel : 088-384701/702/703

Fax: 088-384705

Bus Terminal Opening Hours: 5:00am – 9:00pm (Daily)

Kota Kinabalu (KK) to Sandakan (SDK)

Bus Company Destination Fare Time Departure

Tung Ma Express

Mr. Shim

HP: 019-882 7334

KK – SDK (5hrs)

RM 37.00

7:00am, 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 8:00pm

SIDA Express

Ms. Sanita Bte Sapena

HP: 012-816 5524

HP: 016-822 4615

HP: 019-873 7808

KK – SDK

RM34.00

7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm

Bunga Raya Express / Luyang-Luyang Express

Ms. Suraidah Mohd

019-899 9142

KK – SDK

RM33:00

7:30am, 9:30am, 1:30pm 8:00pm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

You did real well, i think this will be a lot of help to some people organising their own tours. Thanks for sharing.

perth
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

When we were there last Aug we took the bus KK to Sandakan cos couldnt get flight till next week. The buses seem to leave at regular intervals usually when nearly full. The trip was 7 hours inc 1/2 hr stop for lunch which was included in the price, as was the bottled water we drank on the way. I think the cost was about 30MR ea but price is negotiable cos a few companies do the route. The bus we took stopped at the turnoff to Ranau for people to get on and off and there were taxis to take people to Poreing and Kinnabalu etc.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
340 reviews
8. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Roger,

thank you for your effort to post this info, it's very helpful for the planning and I do not have to post the same question here at the forum :)

Boleslav

on the road again
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
9. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Hello,

has anybody who took one of the buses any comments on the busride? Is it a scenicly nice ride and worth taking, although flights aren't much more expensive and probably more convenient?

Thanx for any comments

Marc

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Buses KK to Sandakan return

Hi all,

It’s my plan to take a bus from Sandakan to KK this Saturday. It's cheap!! But the journey takes about 8 hrs. I will be exhausted. So, we've decided to fly with AA (only 45 minutes journey) instead of bus.

Suee

Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu