We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for kuching trip

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations for kuching trip

Me and my wife are planning to visit kuching next month,both 55yrs old couple have not visited kuching even though we are Malaysian ☹.My wife is more happy with indoor itinerary like indoor sight seeing,shopping etc while I am more happy with outdoor itinerary like fishing,nature sight seeing.However both old couple loves food and old places.would appreciate if trip advisor followers would recommend us on our itinerary.By the way we also plan to stay in Pullman hotel,is it Ok ?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for kuching trip

The Pullman hotel seems to be generally okay based on most feedback and recommendations posted here. Check out the hotel section for detailed feedback.

I can't imagine that the shopping in Kuching would be very much different than in KL, except perhaps for some items and souvenirs around the waterfront. Perhaps if your wife wants cheap clothing, and some household items she could stock up on those while in Kuching.

As for nature - well there is certainly lots of outdoors activities to keep you interested......Bako NP, Semenggoh, Fairy/Wind caves, kayaking, Sarawak Cultural Village perhaps or even pepper farms and markets.

You should really look through the forum a bit more and read some trip or 'just back reports' (JBR) to see how other people have spent their time in this area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for kuching trip

Kuching is a really easy place to explore and I actually put together a trip list for a one day of activity in Kuching which includes some recommendations on shopping and eating, you can find it here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i29677-Food_S…

This list does not include a trip which we made the following day to the Sarawak Museum. This museum is quite small (nothing like the one in Kota Kinabalu even), but for us coming from the UK it was really informative and interesting... I believe in the same area there are some other museums, or at least one other day as well (I believe there was a bridge across the road to the other museum if my memory serves me correctly).

The Pullman is very near the Hilton which we stayed in, and while I cannot comment on what the Pullman is like I can confirm that the area is really nice and very well situated for shopping, with 3 malls within a couple minutes walk, and from the map it looks like one of these is right next to the Pullman. It is also just minute away from the Top Stop food court which is the place I recommend for food in my trip list.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations for kuching trip

For day trip to places like cultural village,semenggoh etc,do I just approached the hotel reception?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations for kuching trip

I would be surprised if your hotel cannot organise these for you. However for Semenggoh you can just ask them to organise a taxi for you to go to Semenggoh and wait for you there. It does not take a huge amount of time. You can then pay for entry once you arrive.

5. Re: recommendations for kuching trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sarawak