We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at the airport

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
638 posts
122 reviews
Car rental at the airport

If you had a car rental at Kuching airport, would you share the experience? Which company did you use, what kind of car and how much it was per day?

Also, did you book in advance or did it after arrival?

6 replies to this topic
sorrento, victoria
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Car rental at the airport

Hi there, didn’t hire a car there but only left last week and can inform that there are 2 rental stalls at airport and from memory they were both about the same cost of RM90 per day with unlimited km’s.

Hope that helps, any other ?’s don’t hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
638 posts
122 reviews
2. Re: Car rental at the airport

Thanks. Seems there is not need to book in advance.

sorrento, victoria
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Car rental at the airport

I wouldn’t, but please don’t take that as advise. Also check out the app grab, I found it the cheapest way to get around without driving ie airport to waterfront hotel - taxi RM30, Grab was RM12 and they have set pricing without surge during busy times. You can download and put on departure and destination and it will let you know how much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
638 posts
122 reviews
4. Re: Car rental at the airport

I was considering Uber/Grab as well, but I want to go to Bako park and need to be there at 8AM next morning. I am not sure that I will have readily available taxis/grab/uber to take me there and especially to take back.

sorrento, victoria
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Car rental at the airport

I just checked on grab, currently cars available and will cost you RM 33 one way. Just make sure you have data on your phone to rebook.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
6. Re: Car rental at the airport

Previously I went to kuching for 4 days 3 nights trip for hari raya holiday. Booking from the kuching car rental company one months ago.while we arrived, they ask us to take a Grab car go back to the homestay they will deliver the car to us later. End up they never turn up, call also not pick up. Spoiled the whole trip, cause hard to move from place to place. Beware !

Reply to: Car rental at the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuching