We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Satok Market Opening Hours

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Satok Market Opening Hours

Would be grateful if someone could let me know what time the markets start on Sat, and what time it opens on Sun?

Would there be different stalls on both days, or are they just the same thing?

I'm planning to go on Sat evening (and have my dinner there) to browse around and take some night shots. I'm also wondering if it's worth the while stopping by on Sunday morning again - but depending on what time they open, as I want to go to Sarawak Cultural Village on Sunday.

What would be the best mode of transportation (cheap!) from Satok Market to Sarawak Cultural Village?

Sarawak
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Satok Market Opening Hours

Hi,

Around noon on Saturday (best to go around 4pm on a Sat.). It gets busy early Sunday morning, so best to get there by around 730AM or 8AM.

Same thing on both days but some sellers may choose to open only one one day.

Evening is fine but some of the plant, orchid and flower sellers will start to clear up by 8PM. The fruit sellers clear up soon after that but you will get a good bargain when they start clearing up (fruits).

I suggest you do the market on your way back from the SCV. Have fun!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Satok Market Opening Hours

Thanks, mysarawak.... I'm planning to go to SCV on Sunday, but by the time I return back to Kuching (6pm), will the market still be open? I thought they clear up about late afternoon or so..?

Sarawak
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Satok Market Opening Hours

Yes they clear out around noon so if you go on a Sunday to the SCV, you can drop by the market early in the morning so you won't miss it.

4. Re: Satok Market Opening Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 06:18