We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Sitiawan, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Topic
5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

Greetings.

I will be travelling to Kuching with my parents (around 60yo) for 5 days (6 August). I'm planning to have food hunting besides cultural and must visit places to Kuching, minimum shopping but not rushing trip. Besides, shall i book all 4 nights in 1 hotel or depending on which places i want to go and book hotel nearer to the destination differently?

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

One hotel in Kuching will do. Save u the trouble packing n unpacking. After all the attractions are within one hour drive.

Have U figure out where u like to visit? Read the faq on the right oh thids page b4 asking further Q.

Sitiawan, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

sorry. i'm new here. yea i found the Kuching Guide. Reading now. TQ Awang

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

The centre of Kuching is small, no need to stay in different places.

Unless you want to visit Bako National Park which is good for an overnight stay, but can also be done in a day trip.

Some places of interest include The Waterfront, Sarawak Museum, Main Bazaar, Orchid Garden, Cultural Village, Bako NP and Semengoh orangutan sanctuary. The latter 3 are all out of town and take approx 1 hr to reach (in different directions)

Tourist crafts can be found on the Main bazaar, more 'western' style shopping in malls such as Hills and The Spring.

Food options include Top Spot Seafood, Green Hill Corner, Blah Blah Blah, The Dyak and Jambu.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

for food, look at this

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298309-i9318-k312…

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

Also Taiwan Siau Jou and Country Kitchen on Jalan Padungan - they are two of the better 'Nasi Campur' fast food style eateries.

The 'open air market' opposite Electra House is currently closed for renovations.

Sitiawan, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

thanks both of u. planning now

7. Re: 5 days 4 nights tour with my parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:18