We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Kolkata
Level Contributor
22 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

We are planning to cover Kuching during the 2nd week of October 2012 as part of the Malaysia & Singapore Tour. Would appreciate if you all would let me know on the possibilities for 3 days (the must not forgots & must not sees of Kuching).

I would be accompanied by my wife and our 8 Year old Son.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

This is a question that crops up often, so I would suggest you have a good look through the things to do Kuching section:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298309-Activiti…

Three days is not much time, but some popular excursions are the Orangutans at Semenggoh, Bako National Park and the Cultural Village. Nice small beach across the road from Cultural Village at Damai too.

In town, the waterfront, sarawak museum and orchid garden are all good.

If you are there on the the weekend, the Satok market is good to visit for its massive array of produce. You won't have much time for anything else!

Kolkata
Level Contributor
22 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

Hi

Thanks for the update; think i would settle for the Orangutans at Semenggoh, beach and teh Satok market (fortunately i would be there over the weekend).

Regards

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

For the Satok market, make sure you go no later than Sunday AM as they will close after that..

Kolkata
Level Contributor
22 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

Thanks for the tip!

How would the weather be during 18th - 22nd October 2012? would there be rains?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

It will likely be the usual mix of some rain (mainly short showers of 1-2 hr) but also you should enjoy decent amount of sunshine too. Its the tropics, sunshine and rain is therefore never too far away most of the year! It will always be hot and humid too.

6. Re: Tips for a 3 Days Tour to Kuching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:15