We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bako National Park

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
jakarta
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Bako National Park

Hi,

We will visit Kuching from Oct. 26 - 28, 2012 and plan to go to Bako National Park on a day trip on one of these days. However, we heard from some people that the park is not open on public holidays and weekends. Can anyone advise on this information?

Thanks

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
212 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bako National Park

Bako NP is open every day of the year. It is National Parks Booking Office at the Visitors Information Centre, located at downtown Kuching, that is closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bako National Park

'Some people' have given you misinformation.

lunarJade is correct, the park will be open when you are in Kuching.

enjoy, its a fantastic place.

jakarta
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bako National Park

lunar and KR, thanks alot for the info.

4. Re: Bako National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 11:05
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bako National Park

Hello,

I will be near Bako national park in january 2013, is it OK to camp overnight there, any reccomendations?

Thanks

Liam

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bako National Park

You 'can' camp at Bako - but beware the cheeky monkeys - when we were there, some campers were advised not to set up anything until they were ready to sleep, otherwise it would be ransacked....for RM21 you can get a cabin.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bako National Park

I don't really like the look of the campsite - looks very disused and as TN007 points out, the monkeys could be a nuisance. Cant recall ever seeing a tent actually pitched there, and I've visited Bako several times..

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bako National Park

When we stayed there, we met some 'campers' who ended up moving their 'camp' over to one of the shelters on the beachside...I think they may have even slept on the tables......

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bako National Park

You gotta be a fairly hardcore camper to want to camp at Bako i reckon, esp, as you say TN007 - the price of chalets starts from a very low rate.

10. Re: Bako National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20