We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Surrey, England
Level Contributor
77 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

We are a family of 4 travelling the last two weeks of October. We are staying at the Pullman hotel for the first part of our trip. We have about a day and a half not accounted for and were thinking of the cultural centre and perhaps fairy caves. We have Orangutan rehabilitation booked and are spending two nights at Bako. We prefer to try the local bus or van services to a tour. Would these be available to these attractions or should we try and book a cab to take and collect or wait? Or is a tour the best option for either?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

Cultural village, Orangutans and Bako can all be done by bus.

Caves are near Bau town, which can be reached by bus. Check first review for a recent visit: tripadvisor.com.my/Attraction_Review-g298309…

Have you allowed time for Kuching town itself? If not, you need to! Its very nice..

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

Just to add, there is a shuttle bus from outside Grand Margherita Hotel that goes to Sarawak Cultural village, rapid kuching bus goes to Bako from bus station next to city mosque (by brooke dockyard) and (i think) city bus link to Orangutans https://www.facebook.com/CPLBusKuching

The only one that I would think might be bit of hassle is the last one. Bus doesnt go right into the sanctuary (stops on main road) so leaves you a 20-30 min walk partly uphill. Might be worth considering private transport for this one.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
77 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

Thank you yes - we have arranged private transport for the Orangutans so it is the cultural village and caves.

Thanks also we have allowed sometime to visit the town and museums/waterfront etc in addition to the above

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

The Pullman provides a bus a few times out to the cultural village not sure about caves I can't remember cost but it was very modest I used it to go to the orangutan.

I ate at top spot seafood it was great just near the Pullman . Internet access to rooms was the only negative I had the hotel was excellent have a great trip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

The Pullman provides a bus a few times out to the cultural village not sure about caves I can't remember cost but it was very modest I used it to go to the orangutan.

I ate at top spot seafood it was great just near the Pullman . Internet access to rooms was the only negative I had the hotel was excellent have a great trip

6. Re: Transport Pullman hotel to cultural village & fairy caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:18