We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for five

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
4 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation for five

There are five of us planning to travel to Kuching shortly and I'm up to shortlisting suitable accommodation. At the moment, I'm looking at The Kebun and Batik Sanctuary over Santubong.

Our plans at the moment are to spend some time in the central city to take advantage of the range of food available along with some time in the surrounding country. We have friends in Bau so accommodation near here would be handy.

So, a couple of questions.

- Any feedback on the Batik Sanctuary?

- Any suggestions on other accommodation I should look at that would suit a party of five adults?

Thanks in advance.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for five

Batik Santuary provides scant info. I know their hotel in town but the one at Santubong i believe is a unit in the Santubong Suites. This is a monstrosity of a condo built in the beautiful forest overlooking the sea. Google it and you will see, it looks totally out of place.

Have not stayed at Kebun but know about it. I think it looks really cool (as you can tell by the reviews) Understand they also throw in a car when you rent a house. Its also much more convenient for reaching Bau area. For me, its a no brainer - go to the Kebun over Batik.

In terms of other options, i think Permai rainforest resort might have chalets that hold five. Its also on the Santubong coast. Have stayed in their wonderful treehouse rooms but these are just 2 people rooms.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for five

We, 4 adults, stayed at Nanga Damai , Santubong in January and found it to be excellent during our 4 night stay . Jungle trekking , a beach , the Sarawak cultural centre all close by , plus Mount Santubong to climb if you need a challenge and we did!

We also stayed at the Kebun , for 5 nights , and can thoroughly recommend the experience on offer there and in that locality. We chose Adrian's bungalow by the river . Check availability as they are very popular. Plenty of separate reviews if you want more detailed info on those accommodations.

It was our 1st time in Malaysia and we are seriously thinking of another trip back here in the future . There is so much to see in and around Kuching. An excellent centre to base a trip.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for five

Go for The Kebun - it's a great place to stay - very unusual and the food is fantastic. An added plus is that you get a car to use.

Also, it is easy to get to Bau on Jln Singai - avoiding the heavy traffic on the main road.

4. Re: Accommodation for five

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18