We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration at Kuching

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Immigration at Kuching

Hi, i am currently on "Social Visa Visa" in KL, Malaysia. The KL immigration stamped on arrival that "permitted to stay in West Malaysia and Sabah for 30 days".

I plan to travel to Kuching next week. Do i need some sort of special pass to enter Kuching, and is there any other Immigration Stamp to be endorsed. What would be the procedure for returning back to KL ?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,791 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immigration at Kuching

Kuching (Sarawak) does not have separate Immigration like Sabah. You existing Malaysian Visa will suffice.

Beijing
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Immigration at Kuching

Hi Wangaratta. Thanks, so is there any sort of immigration formalities at the KL and Kuching Airport for this journey, or i can just go as a domestic traveller.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,791 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Immigration at Kuching

The flight is a domestic flight and there are no immigration requirements if you already have a valid visa for Malaysia.

BTW: my screen name is bigw. Wangaratta is the town in which I live.

Beijing
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Immigration at Kuching

Hi, i just entered Kuching from KL. Here how it works:

The flight from KL to Kuching is treated as 'domestic', but 'international' on arrival in Kuching. Every foreigner and local has to cross the Immigration Counter. The Immigration placed another stamp of the 'Social Visit' on the passport according to the balanced number of '30 Day Social Vist' issued at arrival on KL (15 days remaining in my case). So, this means that i can stay for another 15 days either in Sabah, Sarawak or West Malaysia.

I will write my experience on my way back to KL.

5. Re: Immigration at Kuching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:17