We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going from Singapore to Johor Bahru: tips?

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Milan, Italy
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going from Singapore to Johor Bahru: tips?

I travelling with my family (2 adults/2children). Will are landing in Singapore but then travelling to Malaysia. We have booked a car in Johor (bus station) so I need to know what it the best way to cross the border avoiding the mess of upload/download our bags...is taxi a good option? Can iI take a Malaysian taxi in Singapore till my destination?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going from Singapore to Johor Bahru: tips?

I can't imagine why you have posted this question in the Kuching forum, instead of Johor Bahru...perhaps that is also why you have been unable to search for the many threads on this topic - try here: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298278-i9406-k…

Edited: 24 July 2013, 12:56
Mentioned in this post
Kuching
Kuching
Sarawak, Malaysia
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going from Singapore to Johor Bahru: tips?

As said above - wrong forum.

To answer some of your questions -

you cannot get a Malaysian taxi in Singapore.

You can get a special taxi in Singapore to take you to JB.

You could get the MRT (train) to one of the border points and get a bus across the bridge.

You could go from Changi by taxi to Queen Street Terminal and get a bus to JB bus station.

Depending on the time you arrive, you may be able to catch a train to JB from Tanjong Pagar railway station.

I suggest you ask your question on the Singapore forum.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
3. Re: Going from Singapore to Johor Bahru: tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18