We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 night accomodation

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
England
Level Contributor
57 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
7 night accomodation

Hi, I was hoping for some advice please?

We had booked our 7nights at Permai however the reviews recently have really put us off. We want a Borneo experience without staying in central Kuching - somewhere clean and friendly ideally with either a pool or nearby beach.

I'm struggling for which accommodation to choose!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 night accomodation

How about The Kebun - just outside of Kuching. Offers various levels of accommodation and also supplies vehicles as they are a little out of town. It looks like a wonderful experience, but not sure about the pools and no beach, but it will certainly give you the 'Borneo experience' I am sure!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 night accomodation

Don't be put off by Permai. I have stayed there twice (most recently last month) and really enjoyed it. My experience is based on staying in the treehouse rooms, which are closest to the sea and are chalets built on stilts. Fab sitting on your balcony listening to the waves lapping against the rocks.

The jungle pool is fun and very cooling and there are two beaches, the 2nd one very secluded feeling and picturesque.

England
Level Contributor
57 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 night accomodation

Thank you TN007 - I have sent an enquiry through to the Kebun.

Thank you also KR - When we initially booked Permai the reviews were excellent, but more recently the feedback seems to be getting consistently worse. We have got a treehouse, and the thoughts we had were to split our 7 night stay to maybe 3 in the treehouse and 4 elsewere just to play it safe!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 night accomodation

I have just read some of the recent reviews (only some of which I thought were poor) One thing that people often mention is the customer service being a bit lapse - which it can be. Some of the staff don't have much initiative but most are cheery and mean well!

That said, i think 7 nights just in the treehouse might be a bit too long. Have not (yet) stayed at The Kebun but heard great things about it and a combo of that and Permai sounds like a plan.

Kuching, Sarawak...
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 night accomodation

7 nights in Permai is too too long......

How about stay in Iban Longhouse at Batang Ai Area....... for 2 nights

Like Nanga Ukom Longhouse......

Kuching, Sarawak...
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 night accomodation

If you love nature and wildlife, i suggest you stay 1 night in Bako National Park.......

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 night accomodation

Although Bako is definately a lovely place to visit, and it does have a 'beach' (of sorts....) I'm not so sure the accommodation would meet most people's expectations of 'clean' :) It is more an oh-aaaam than an ooo-aaah experience ;)

(Don't get me wrong, I loved my stay at Bako, but it was very, very basic and may not suit all people.)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 night accomodation

At Bako, if you are willing to pay a little more there are a couple of 2 bedroom chalets that are much newer and cleaner than the standard ones.

9. Re: 7 night accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 01:05
10. Re: 7 night accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:17