We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

I have read mixed reports about the bus service. I want to use the bus to get to bako park but am unsure about its reliability. What are people's experiences of this service??

I obviously realise that many places I have been on holiday the buses are not as regular and timetables are not as reliable as at home so do not mind waiting a bit for it but don't want to be hanging around for ages for a bus that never turns up.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

Hi Fraggle - we caught the bus in June and had no problems. But of course we only caught the bus to bako once!!

I'm sure there are others who will be able to reassure you :-)

Either way you'll love Bako!!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

Have taken the bus several times and find it reliable.

Kuching, Sarawak...
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

Hi, just wait at Main Bazaar Area (Kuching Waterfront) or bus stop at Tunku Abdul Rahman Road.

Bus Number is 1, the colour is RED!

Cost you RM3.50 per way!

Almost every hour have bus going to Bako Village! (Taken 45 - 60 minutes to Bako)

Kuching welcome you!

Ooo Haa ~~~~ Ooo Haa ~~~ Ooo Haa ~~~

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

Thank you all

5. Re: Rapid Kuching bus to Bako - reliability???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18