We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarawak tour company

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
sue
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sarawak tour company

Can anyone recommend a tour company for Sarawak for about 10 days to include the orangutnags and other major highlights

Backyard Tour - Day Trips
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Matahari Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
11,145 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarawak tour company

Hi sue

You may not need a tour company. Book yourself a hotel in somewhere like Kuching and then organise what to do when you get there. The hotel I stayed in had several pages of tours and excursions that guests could choose to do, and they were all with local tour providers. I did the orangutans from the hotel and it cost next to nothing. If you can get a good hotel rate then if you go off on a 2 or 3 day tour you can safely leave all your stuff at the hotel and just take an overnight bag with you.

sue
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarawak tour company

Thanks for the great ideas. I will be travelling with several friends and the priority is nature and orangutangs so any suggestions would be appreciated. We would like a really comfortable hotel as well. Any suggestions for this also ?

Thanks again!

Hallett Cove
Level Contributor
363 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarawak tour company

You may also enjoy a visit to a Malay "long-house" to meet a local family and perhaps share a meal or beverage. I found this local activity through a colleague" the experience was rewarding and in-expensive.

Visited Orang-Utan refuge near Penang, simply beautiful. Enjoy.

Hallett Cove
Level Contributor
363 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarawak tour company

PS...would suggest you read forum Topic on "Singapore-Borneo" in the forum list there are some good ideas for Kuching and KK in that forum including the Orang-Utans....Cheers

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
11,145 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarawak tour company

Not knowing your budget it is impossible to advise you. Maybe try googling hotels in Kuching and then come back for help once you have a short list. I've stayed at the Lime Tree whilst other friends have stayed at the Pullman and Hilton, and others have stayed at some of the smaller guest houses. It really comes down to things like pools etc.

sue
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarawak tour company

Thanks for the ideas to date. Our budget is around $100 AUD pear day. We would like around 12-14 days in Sarawak looking at the natural environment such as Baku Park and the orange tangs as well as the long house experience. After visiting the recommended highlights it would be nice to have about 3 days at a resort to relax before travelling back to Australia. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll also have a good look at the Borneo forum for idea. Thanks again

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarawak tour company

Contact James - http://www.travelguidekuching.com/blog/

he is awesome

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarawak tour company

Read the Kuching things to do section for ideas... everyone has a different idea of what is 'good' to do. However, there are obviously certain common things such as Bako and the Orangutans which most people have at the top of their lists.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298309-Activiti…

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarawak tour company

Agree with KR & ydd60

Read a bit and then contact James.

PM me if you need his e-mail address.

10. Re: Sarawak tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:15