We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
149 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Sama Sama Express KLIA2

I am interested to stay a night at Samasama Express KLIA2 but I am not sure how it works since it is located in the satelite building of KLIA2. If I arrive late from JB to KLIA2 late at night and have a AAX flight to catch on the next morning, can I check through the immigration at night to stay at Samasama Express KLIA2? I remember while in LCCT, we are only allowed to check through immigration 3-4 hours before the flight if we have check in baggage. Am I right?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

In answer to your final question, you are not right.

There are two KLIA Express hotels.

The Satellite Building is part of KLIA 1 (Terminal M) not KLIA 2. There is a Sama Sama Express in the Satellite Building but it not the same one as the one in KLIA 2.

The one in KLIA 2 is a separate hotel and is located airside of KLIA 2. If you arrive and depart from KLIA 2 you will be in transit and remain airside in KLIA 2. You do not need to go through Immigration.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
149 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

But if I arrive at KLIA2 via domestic flight, does this mean I don;t have to exit the terminal hall and check in at Samasama express KLIA2? How about my flight to China on the next day? Sorry for I am really confused about this.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Reading their website, I'd say that you can only use the Samasama Express klia2 if you are in transit between 2 international flights.

http://www.samasamaexpressklia2.com/

'The strategic location of Sama-Sama Express klia2 allows guests to check in the Hotel without having to clear Malaysian Customs and Immigration if they are on a layover between flights.'

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
149 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Ya, I find it quite confusing here. I am in contact with their staff at the moment and will keep the latest post on the procedures here once I got a reply from them.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Hi,

Sama Sama Express at KLIA2 is located airside .

When you come into KLIA2 with your flight from JHB, your gate is at the domestic pier.

For your AAX flight, one has to do that close to 35mins walk on the overhead pedestrian skybridge(longest in Asia, third longest in the world) to reach the gates (P&Q) at the satellite terminal, which is also the location of SamaSama Express KLIA2 on Level 3 of the satellite terminal at KLIA2.

Connections to satellite terminals

KLIA from MTB via underground aerotrain

KLIA2 from MTB via the overhead pedestrian walkway-so you "walk over" planes which are parked at parking aprons of domestic pier.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Yes. It also appears you can only reserve by email - their web site is not working yet for reservations. Sounds a good layover place if arriving and departing from KLIA 2.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

Today Sama Sama Express KLIA2 replied me with their different room types and rates. They have Super Single, Standard, Superior and Family Room. I made a one month advance reservation from now for a "Super Single" room. But they told me only provide Superior room which rate is a lot higher...

8. Re: Sama Sama Express KLIA2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sepang