We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb 15-17, any islands near KT accessible for day trips?

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Feb 15-17, any islands near KT accessible for day trips?

Hello

My husband and I will be in Kuala Terengganu Feb 15-17.

Would any of the close islands be accessible for a day trip?

We're just looking to enjoy the view of clear blue water and white beach (not planning on swimming or snorkeling) for a few hours.

Are there any trips which would take us to see the fish from the clear sea while on the boat (without going into the water)?

I can't swim lol

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb 15-17, any islands near KT accessible for day trips?

Kapas Island is the best option for day trips..Just 15 minutes by boat from Marang Jetty to Kapas Island...the earliest boat depart at 9.30am...and last boat at 5.00pm..

Its advisable to pack all meals for lunch and tea break..

You cannot see the fish unless you take snorkeling trips (with goggle and life jacket )..Or you can bring bread (2-3) for fish feeding...near the beach..

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb 15-17, any islands near KT accessible for day trips?

Thanks!

3. Re: Feb 15-17, any islands near KT accessible for day trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 05:18