We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice to redang

singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advice to redang

im thinking of going to Redand Island between 19-26th Sep. thinking of staying for 4-5 nights there. anyone has advice on

a nice/cheap resort to stay,

shud i learn diving there,

weather in Sep, etc please?

also, how is the beach n waters there now?

this will be my 2nd trip but the 1st trip was 10 yrs ago n i stayed at bejaya then, so i did not really see much of the beach where more more tea inn is at...

thanks,

stephen

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice to redang

HI stephen, Redang has changed a lot over the last 2 years. It might be already too late to start looking for flights and hotels, most of the places are already fully booked - but try enquiring. Most of the crowd stay at Pasir Panjang, there is a whole row of B&Bs and smaller resorts.

Note that you will be there two days before Ramadhan, most of the operators (esp Malay people) might be gone and most Malay businesses might close; best to arrange for everything in a package before you go. Its high season and many hotels won't take in room-only reservations. Weather is fine, water is always good.

Take a look here for a list of hotels and places to stay:

http://www.redangisland.com/

http://www.redang.org

Happy Planning!

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: advice to redang

Redang Island...the date..is Public Holiday on 20th September till 21st September...due of Hari Raya Aidilfitri (After Ramadhan)..Lots people going home to celebrate and heavy traffic jam.. on that date..

The cheaper is RM120 per night..at Redang Lagoon..but they will closed on Hari Raya and Ramadhan..

Redang Kalong would be the best place for diving..normally the charge rates RM1600 per person will include meals,accommodation,boat transfer,course and equipment.

Weather in September is normal..clear,hot and sometime rains.. best time to visit Redang Island...

Beach is clean at Long Beach and Telok Kalong kecil..

10 years change everything there..more resort and facilities available at Redang..

More More Tea Inn..located at Laguna RedangIsland Resort..

Here the link to get more picture about Redang Today..at www,redangisland.org or www.redang.org

singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: advice to redang

tks very much for the advice

say, btw, is it very crowded there these days?

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advice to redang

Crowded almost on Public Holiday and School Holiday..please avoid to come during that period.

singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: advice to redang

noted, tks vey much. perhaps i'll go after the 21st then

6. Re: advice to redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Terengganu