We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Want to see turtles!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Want to see turtles!

have about a week in either malaysia or indonesia before my husband joins me. I would love to stay somewhere where i can see turtles laying their eggs etc. Am not looking for something really basic but as a single traveller its proving quite expensive. I dont dive although i do enjoy simple snorkling. i love photographing wildlife...does anyone have any suggestions??

thanks

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

Turtle will laying their eggs during May,June,July,August and September..most of laying time during night..from 9.pm until 3am..

In Terengganu,the only place can see the turtle..at Paka..

http://madaerah.org/

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

Turtle Island or to use its proper name Pulau Selingan, in the malaysian state of Sabah in Borneo is the place to see turtles laying eggs.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
466 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

I agree with Jadamros... It's called a turtle island park consists of Selingan, Bakungan Kecil and Gulisan islands. Selingan, the largest of the islands, houses the park's headquarters, a turtle hatchery, tourist accommodation and basic facilities. The other two islands are more for conservation activities.

Turtles lay their eggs throughout the year, but the best time to head there is between July and October when the sea is calmer.

regards

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

Is there any where that I can see turtle laying eggs at Perhentian Besar around June ?

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

Turtle Beach or Tanjung Tukas Perhentian Besar..if you lucky

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

Thank you very much for your information....... I hope I will be able to watch it in June,,,,

7. Re: Help! Want to see turtles!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Terengganu