We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Hi, would anyone advise if there is a ferry service (not speed boat) from Kuala Besut (or nearby jetty) to Perhentian Besar Island?

I have been to Perhentian Besar several times on speed boat, however as I am currently in my 5th month pregnancy, would prefer to take a much bigger and stable ferry service.

We planned to stay at Fauna.

Appreciate if I can have the link/URL to the mentioned ferry service.

Thank you very much!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
999 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Hi,

You might want to check with Symphony Travel n Tours Sdn Bhd website. They have big fastboats 30 paxs from Tok Bali jetty. As far as i know there are no big ferries similar to the one to Tioman island from the Kuala Besut jetty.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

From kuala besut jetty start only speed boat!

I think there aren't problem if you are pregnant.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Tok Bali Jetty no longer main jetty to Perhentian Island. Kuala Besut jetty are main jetty now.

Only 2 Big ferry operating by Perhentian Trans and Kuala Besut Connection but depends availability of customer. If passenger are less then 40 pax,you will transfer by speed boat . Please inform to Boatmen ,that you are pregnant ,they might drive slowly .

4. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 18:35
Edited: 08 July 2013, 18:35
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Hi we would like to go to perhentian islands on September 28th 2013 2passengers return 7october what tine do ferries depart and what is the cost?

6. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 18:35
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Thanks for your help, what is the best way to get from kuala Terengganu to the ferry port please?

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

You can take bus from Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal or Taxi,otherwise you can request your travel agency to arrange.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

Dear mickthesnip,

By taxi from Kuala Terengganu to Kuala Besut Jetty,the fares around RM90-110.00 per taxi. The journey take 90 minutes only.

With regards,

Overland-Trans

Edited: 08 July 2013, 18:15
10. Re: Ferry service from Kuala Besut to Perhentian Island

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Terengganu