We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

underwater cameras

2 posts
Save Topic
underwater cameras

Can anyone recommend a good underwater camera, that is reasonably priced? Are disposable ones any good or would I have to get something a bit better?

Atoll Scuba
Scuba & Snorkeling
Serene Ocean
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Kayaking & Canoeing, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: underwater cameras

If you are going on a one off holiday and are not going to use a housed camera frequently then you have a couple of choices ..

1 .. Buy a u/w disposable camera .. great for snorkelling and getting reasonable pictures and cheap .. limited depth range , usually about 3-5 meters

2 .. If you are going diving then the disposable will not cope with the pressure at depth ..

You have a choice of buying a u/w film camera or housing a digital camara .. it really depends on your budget .. have a look at these links .. they should give you a few ideas ..

Film Cameras

Digital Camera Housings

London, England
Level Contributor
420 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: underwater cameras

I've had some very good results with a kodak underwater disposable. I have some great shots blown up in my kitchen.

Best of all I noticed this morning that they are buy 1 get 1 free at the moment in Boots - only £9.99 for 2.

Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: underwater cameras

Thanks for the tip, just bought one (well two) in Boots today. Happy snapping !! although not going until end of November.

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: underwater cameras

well i'm not going til april, but i'm off to boots tomorrow. cheers for the info.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: underwater cameras

I always go on about aquapacs......but they are brilliant. I've got one for my digital camera and my camcorder, and the aquapac basically makes waterproof, the camera pack was only £20 (try ifsogo.com) So, to have an underwater digital camera for only £20 ain't bad in my opinion.

Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: underwater cameras

If you can afford it, go for something a bit better than a disposable, i was really disappointed with mine, it didn't do the fish justice at all and the picture quality wasn't brilliant. Check with your resort as quite a few hire out proper underwater cameras in the dive shops.

Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll
Recent Conversations