We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiders at Meedhupparu

essex
2 posts
Save Topic
Spiders at Meedhupparu

Can you please give me any reports on spiders at Meedhupparu Island. We are booked to go on 22nd January 2006 to celebrate our Ruby 40th wedding anniversary with our family. I was horrified to read a report of 6-7 inch spiders running wild in rooms. Please tell me your experiences of your holiday.

Nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spiders at Meedhupparu

Never saw one

Oct 2004 2weeks

Simon

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spiders at Meedhupparu

i did not see one either.and if there is any i am sure that the staff will remove it for you.And that they would be harmless.i dont think that they will be running around the island attacking people some how.

Essex
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spiders at Meedhupparu

Hi Chrissy,

When my Mum and I were there in April we had 1 spider in our bathroom (as they are open so obviously anything can get in) - it wasn't 6 or 7 inches - no way!! More like 3 inches perhaps. Now when we arrived I remembered them saying if you see or find any spiders in your rooms to contact reception immediately - although there are apparently no dangerous ones there. I contacted reception through more of a fear than a worry that they might be a danger! Shortly a nice young guy turned up and went into the bathroom and closed the door to the rest of the villa and he basically fumigated the bathroom with this spray. I didn't know what to think as I'm an animal -lover and really didn't want it killed - but at the end of the day, it was gone.

I never saw one spider the whole time - even outside on the island - just that time in the bathroom. And if I'm honest I've seen a hell of a lot more spiders at home this year - there seem to be so many around. I've had 6 or 7 alone in my room - some very big.

I really wouldn't worry too much or let it spoil your holiday - it's the most fantastic, peaceful place and if I had the chance to go back tomorrow I would.

Gemma

paisley
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spiders at Meedhupparu

We have been to this resort 2 years in a row, the only spiders i seen was in the moning after all the drink at the bar the night before. They are some spiders but they are very liitle and they are more frighten of you than you are of them.

We were there on honeymoon then on our first anniversay, you will have a great time.

Be sure to book the fine dining

have a great time

essex
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spiders at Meedhupparu

Thank you all so much for putting my mind at rest. I was getting so frightened I was thinking of cancelling the holiday. I have been to three other islands and never thought about creepy crawlies. This island looked so fantastic in the brochure I thought it would be perfect for our celebration. Thanks to you all it still will. Best Wishes to you all.