We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Fulford, null...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Hi

We are looking to book a week on Chaaya Reef for our 4th trip to the Maldives. Does anyone know which are the nicer/better rooms, Garden or Superior? We have only ever stayed in detached beach bungalows in the Maldives, but sadly there are none left for the dates we wish to travel.

Many thanks :-) xx

Bedford
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

I'm pretty sure the garden rooms are the ones in a terrace block near the main bar. We assumed at first that they were staff accommodation as they looked small and rather dark. We only saw the superior rooms from outside, but people whom we met who were staying in them had no complaints. They are in small blocks but seemed much lighter and brighter.

I would certainly go for a superior room. You could well be lucky and be upgraded to a beach bungalow after a day or two. The staff and management will do their best to make sure you have a great time.

MissF

Fulford, null...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Hi

Thankyou so much for your quick reply! We assumed that Garden Rooms may be quite small and away from the beach as they looked to be on other islands. Could I be cheeky and ask where the Superior rooms are located?

Many thanks x

Bedford
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Hi Gemma

There is a really useful forum for the three Chaaya Maldives resorts which includes maps of the accommodation plus loads of other stuff: chaayamaldivesforum.co.uk

MissF

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

http://www.chaayamaldivesforum.co.uk/emap.htm

This map may help.

As far as I am aware 201 -228 are superior. The terrace block that MissFits mentions I assume is 501 - 510 but I can't remember seeing this block. I thought the garden rooms were the ones behind the beach villas? Missfits has been more recently though.

T23

Fulford, null...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Dear T23,

That's brilliant, thank you so much!

Fulford, null...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Thank you MissF,

I've signed myself up :-)

Bedford
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Hi Gemma

Yes T23 is right, 501 to 510 are the ones whch I assume are the garden rooms and are not in a great position. I think the ones set back but spaced out behind the beach villas are the standard rooms.

MissF

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

Taken from their web site, Std Rooms - The 14 Rooms at Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo are designed as two separate rooms in a single storey structure and are located just behind the Beach Bungalows. These rooms open out to the garden area with lush palm trees and pristine footpaths leading the way to the beach.

But I count 16? and there are 10 in the block MissFitts mentions. The plot thickens! Maybe someone will let us know. Also only mention of Std, Water, Superior and Beach villas no garden villas.

Brighton
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

As far as I remember Garden rooms are the Standard Rooms and as mentioned are positioned behind the bungalows. A little dark but you don't spend much time in them but there is no view . Very short walk to find a place on the beach. Superior rooms are the other side of restaurant and most have small beach in front with few steps to access the lagoon. We were upgraded last year to the superior room which suited us perfectly.

10. Re: Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo - Garden Room or Superior??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:16