We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

I came across an old post mentioning booking through a German company but was wondering whether it's possible to book through a UK agent now.

If we do book through a German company, presumably we don't get ABTA etc protection if the company goes under - is that right?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

Hi

You can't book in the UK.I don't know the abta situation but you don't pay until six weeks before you go so the chances of them going broke are slight this is not a package so you can book your own flights as we always do.The German company is e-two travel

Regards

Doug

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

You could also try a Dutch travel agency. I booked Kandholhu via them, very helpfull staff. Just sent an E-mail.

dimensionreizen.nl/exclusieve-reizen/…5F.html

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

You can book it through Kuramathi reservations, I would expect their prices to be slightly higher than a package sourced from a UK or European agency but they were happy to give me prices!

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

Thanks for the info. I've emailed both the Dutch and German companies so will see what they come back with.

Jody, we've discussed this before haven't we?!! I vaguely remember contacting Kuramathi so will see if I can find their email.

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

Try this email for kuramathi.

reservations@universalresorts.com

Edited: 10 November 2012, 15:38
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

I've had a reply back from Kuramathi and unfortunately Kandholhu is a lot more than I'm willing to pay, especially considering we'd have to pay for flights as well!

If anyone's curious about rates for this island, the prices for Easter are:

Double Standard room for 02 people US 466.00 per night per room including breakfast.

Double Beach front Deluxe for 02 people US 868.00 per night per room including breakfast.

Double Over Water Suite for 02 people US 1166.00 per night per room including breakfast.

Meal supplement US$40.00 per person per meal.

Seaplane transfer US$400.00 per person ( arrival / departure)

(NO ALL INCLUSIVE PROGRAMME AT KANDHOLHU CRUISE AND SPA)

All rates are subject to

10% service charge

8% GST tax

US$8.00 bed tax per person per day.

I wasn't expecting it to be cheap but I'm disappointed it is so expensive. :-(

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

PS: I've just received a quote from E-TWO TRAVEL (the German company) and the standard room for August, full board, complete with flights from Birmingham, is coming out at about £4500 so further consideration necessary!

Right Seat
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

Hi,

We had a similar concerns to you in terms of where to book. We found Dertour (a German company) highly competitive. We got a deal with them for free days in the off season a few years ago. You can run it through a translator like Babelfish to understand what they're saying. Check them out: http://www.dertour.de/hotel/kandholhu-cruise-und-spa-nord-ari-atoll;mle10111io/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AG

9. Re: Is it possible to book Kandholhu from UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll