We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya reef Ellaidhoo superior rooms

London, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya reef Ellaidhoo superior rooms

Hello

I'm visiting Ellaidhoo next July and have booked a superior room. From reading the forums it seems there is mixed opinion on the room quality. Is it true there are no sunbeds for those staying in superior rooms and if not can we use the main beach (without sunbed) or are we confined to the pool unless we swim/snorkel.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya reef Ellaidhoo superior rooms

Hi Sunil

Welcome to the forum.

I was on Ellaidhoo twice last year and both times stayed in a superior room. It is true that they do not (or did not as of October 2012) have sunbeds dedicated to each room unlike the other room types have. I did see sunbeds dedicated to rooms 201, 202 and 205 so it looks like they started to set aside a pair for each room but gave up - maybe they have since continued! There are many beds situated in front of the rooms which you can use but some tourists are selfish and reserve 2 or 4 beds for themselves - 2 in the sun and 2 under a parasol. There are some undedicated beds on the small beach area but you will need to be early in the day to get those. Other than that there are beds available by the pool. There is no reason why you couldn't use the beach with towels if you wanted - the area is not restricted to the beach bungalows sited there. You could also ask the staff if it is possible to move sunbeds from outside the superior rooms to the beach - they are normally very happy to oblige if they can.

As to the room quality we were quite happy. The rooms are in blocks of 4, 2 up 2 down and are spacious with a large partially open air bathroom . We thought the downstairs rooms, although darker, were better but thats because we don't like climbing slippery stone staircases in wet things and prefer to step out of the room onto the sand - also the bathrooms felt larger with more of an open feeling. There are no paths running behind the bathrooms so you have privacy - something I thought was lacking with some of the beach bungalows.

I personally would ask for a room between 211 and 228 - the nearer 228 the quieter it will be. Room 201 is right next to the restaurant and the nearest room to the bar and 207 is sited at one of the main entries for divers onto the reef so there is a fair amount of activity around these lowered numbered rooms.

H

Brighton
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya reef Ellaidhoo superior rooms

We have also stayed in the superior rooms and have never had any problems with getting a subbed. There were always several outside the rooms available to anyone.

3. Re: Chaaya reef Ellaidhoo superior rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:15