We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atoll Paradise

Hsinchu, Taiwan
4 posts
Save Topic
Atoll Paradise

We were just returned from Maldevis. Everything were great until check-out. The hotel manager told us our travel agency, Atoll Paradise, hadn't settled our bill and the resort asked us to pay the fee directly to the resort. We rejected the request since Atoll Paradise had collected my full payment two months ahead of our trip. This should be the problem between the Resort and Atoll Paradise. Although the hotel manager was nice to accept our rejection and let us leave, it was still so embarrassed.

People should be aware of the credit issue of the Atoll Paradise. She told the resort she had money problem and delayed all the payments. According to the resort, I'm not the only guest from Atoll Paradise whose bill wasn't settled.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Atoll Paradise

yes, i think thats to do with timing,,,dont worry, I doubt they will win it next year...and probably not be about to anyway, sadly enough.

But yes, it does look bad and makes the awards look silly.

3 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Atoll Paradise

DO NOT MAKE ANY RESERVATIONS with ATOLL PARADISE!! And for those of you who already have, do not believe Atoll when they tell you that your 'reservation is confirmed' or 'you have nothing to worry about' or blah, blah, blah! All LIES!! I am a recent victim but thanks to this blog thread and the resort's reservations team, My trip was not ruined. I was proactive and took it upon my own hands to make sure I was part of the arrangements between Atoll and the resort. And sure enough, Atoll did not make the payment to the resort on the deadline date and my so called 'confirmed reservations' were dropped! Fortunately, because I made sure to be involved, I had already made my own arrangements with the hotel if Atoll did not keep to their 'services'. In parallel, I contacted my credit card and explained the situation And they have since credited me and is now after Atoll! Document and keep everything. Connect with your resort so that they can notify you when Atoll has not made the payment. In that way, you can make arrangements with them and as well, have that confirmation email/letter that they have dropped your reservation with Atoll. That email/letter is proof that Atoll did 'not fulfill the services they were paid to do' and you can take it up with you credit card, who will be more than willing to help.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THEIR REASSURANCES!! I've been working with them and the resort the last couple of weeks, and in fact, the resort extended the payment deadline, but to no avail. There were always excuses or meaningless reassurances from Atoll and when the deadline date came up, ...crickets...no response from Atoll!! So please everyone, DO NOT give your money to these people because they will run with it. I am making sure that everyone is aware of their dishonesty and scam. In fact, I am going to file a complaint with the Maldivian Authority. They cannot allow such a dishonest business to exist as this will certainly ruin the image of, and tourism to the Maldives.

To Atoll, please save your explanations and excuses. You have proven to me that they are meaningless. I am going to make sure that others hear my experience with you so that they can spare themselves some trouble.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Atoll Paradise

A good example to anyone else who is booked with them on how to proactively handle the situation and ensure your vacation goes ahead, should the payment not be made. Well done and I hope you have a great time.

Very sad situation though. I am surprised resorts are still accepting their bookings to be honest.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Atoll Paradise

Hi Tacori

Great news - and congratulations on tackling the problem so well.

Best wishes for a great trip - or if you have already returned, I hope you have wonderful happy memories of Maldives.

Thanks

Richard

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Atoll Paradise

Tacori0214, Thanks for posting that here!!! I am in the same boat, only our trip is in Sept. I was just "declined" from my own personal bank for one of the lesser charges and I am about to get into the bank (once back in my home city) and give them some lip. I do not know why it was declined, but I am really upset that they told me I was protected with their bank and then they don't protect me. I am still waiting on the larger amount dispute. Who knows what will happen with that one and my bank. Nothing is going well with this... but I am glad that people like you are writing about this. I plan on writing to people once I have more time and will let people know, there in the Maldives and online, about this crap. NOT cool.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Atoll Paradise

That's not good at all Kaie bird, for info, for everyone who has a complaint, the below is who you should write to. I do believe it's important this is brought to the authorities attention, as this can't go on and people need to be protected, such a horrible situation,

Name : MALDIVES ASSOCIATION OF TRAVEL AGENTS AND TOUR OPERATORS (MATATO)

Email : info@matato.org

Name: MATI Maldives association of Travel Industry

Email mati@dhivehinet.net.mv

http://matimaldives.com/

MALDIVES MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS CORPORATION (MMPRC)

E-mail: info@visitmaldives.com

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Atoll Paradise

Thank you for that, very much, Froggy! (As always!) I'll certainly write one for us and hope others will see that and do the same, if the same thing happens to them as well!!

About the bank situ, I also have traveler's insurance... so... someway, even if I am out of pocket for 2 trips for some time to come.... I'll hopefully make them see that this dispute is legit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Atoll Paradise

I think it's quite clear it's legit. And you have the evidence if they don't provide the service ie payment made by you, hotel cancelled. No service provided.

Let us know what response you get from the Maldivian authorities. It might help you if they step in, but at the very least it will help others.

Anyway who has an issue should take it to them, emails are quick to do, and they can't fix it, if no one tells them....if they know and they don't fix it, thats a different thing, it will reflect very very badly on the Maldives tourism industry and other travel agents trying to survive, as well as the resorts, who accept these bookings knowing full well that peiple may lose their holidays, very bad publicity all round.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,637 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Atoll Paradise

Bumped for smaranh

Beirut
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
80. Re: Atoll Paradise

Hello bloggers,

I think i am also a victim of Atoll Paradise, as I have already booked my honeymoon through this so called agency, to the Medhufushi Island Resort, and settled a down payment. I should be paying the whole amount in 2 weeks (2 months prior to arrival). But now, after reading your posts I am very concerned on how to proceed. I tried to get in touch with the resort, but they are not responding to any of my e-mails. Can anyone please advise on how to proceed before I get more into trouble!!!

Thank you!!!

Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll