We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Poole
5 posts
Save Topic
Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

We're going to Meed in 2 weeks time and have found all your reviews really helpful.

Can anyone email me a map of Meedhupparu Island?

Can anyone recommend best room numbers?

Does anyone have a list of excursions & prices & those anyone can recommend?

Are all meals on shared tables - is there an opportunity to have a table for two?

I'm part way through my PADI Open Water Diver having done all the theory and pool work. Does anyone know if you can dive without formal qualification - ie with a resort only qualification following a pool test or try dive?

Can anyone tell me what the hairdryers are like in the room. Are they pretty fast or is it worth taking your own.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Hi, I think the best room numbers are from 101-178 and 249-320(ish).

The majority of the tables are shared but there are some 2 seater tables, but I'm not sure how you book these. One couple we met there managed to get a table on there own by tipping the waiter at the beginning of their holiday as well as at the end! Mind you, I didn't find it too bad sharing with another couple as they were really nice and we made quite good friends with them.

The hairdryer in the room is like nothing you've ever seen before! and not very powerful - I'd recommend taking your own.

Have a fab holiday!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

a list of excursions night fishing 15 dollars. Fisherman village 25 dollars. Dessert island with barbecue lunch 30 dollars.Morning fishing 25 dollars. sunset photo flip 10 dollars. sunrise excursion 10 dollars.Lovers Paradise 75 dollars.All these prices are per person hope this helps

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Hi

Post you e-mail and i will send you a map and a few photo's of the island

We had a table on our own... there are quite a few in the restaurant... if you ask your waiter he might be able to arrange it for you..

If you have done the theory and all of your pool skills and passed your final exam why not do the 4 qualifying dives in Meedhupparu.. the dive school and instructors are excellent... i did 19 dive while i was there.... all very good..

You cannot do open water dives without qualifying first... you could do the discover scuba dive to 12meters but that seems pointless as you are so close to qualifying

The referral dives would cost you 253 dollars and you can get 10% off if you print out the Crab Card on the website...look at this link

thecrab.com/TheCrabEng/…Fidelity_card.htm

The dollar is also at 1.92 to the pound so you would get the dives for approx 118 pounds which is cheap...

The price list is on this link

thecrab.com/TheCrabEng/Listiniprezzi/listino…

Simon

Reading
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Hello Everbody

thank you for all the useful information!

We are going to Meedhupparu on 20th March. We were looking forward to it, but having stumbled on this forum, we are now getting really excited!

Would really appreciate any photos and further information to help build that excitement.

Just a small question....have heard that no "religious icons" are allowed. I wear a small cross and chain...does anyone know if this would cause a problem?

Can you buy cigarettes and tobacco on the island?

Look forward to saying hello to anyone who will be there at the same time and to reading more about everyone's experiences.

Tony and Christine

mr_dog_te@hotmail.com

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Mr Dog

My wife wears a cross all the time

It will cause no problems at all

I have sent you the map and a few photos

Simon

Reading
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Hi scoobyboy

Thanks for that

got the photos - it looks so good....

and hey, good photos too.... I got a new nikon digital slr for my recent birthday - cant wait to use it in the sun - will be taking lots of photos.....

thanks again

tony

Level Contributor
180 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

I think previous responses have covered the room numbers, hair dryers and diving questions. When we were there (10 long days ago) there were couples on tables for 2 and also at tables for 4.

We changed our table when we didn't like the one allocated to us..........no problem. I think if you ask they will accomodate you generally. Also the resort was by no means full and there were quite a few empty tables.

You are 2 weeks away from the holiday of a lifetime.

Jealous@work.co.uk

Southend, Essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Hi Armerdive

If you go on to google home page and type in Meedhupparu and then click on images (Just above the search bar) this will display loads of photos of the island along with a map I believe!

Have a great time!

evertonboy!

Poole
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Scooby boy - would really appreciate any maps etc you are able to send dellosteerattiscalidotcodotuk

I've heard the resort is quite strict re dress ie bikinis, shoulders and topless sunbathing etc?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meedhupparu - Useful Tips please

Amerdive

Meedhupparu is no different to any other Maldive island with the dress code

It is a Muslim country so that means you have to respect their culture...

NO topless sunbathing ( very frowned upon )

You can wear bikini,s around the island but you must cover up with a t-shirt when you go to the bar inside or restaurant

You are OK with a bikini at the beach bar..

I will send you the photos tonight cos i am at work now

Simon

Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll
Recent Conversations