We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Island - FB or AI

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Island - FB or AI

Hi there!

Please can anyone help! We're off to the maldives in Sep/Oct this year. I'm sooo excited as we have never been to this part of the world before!!

Anyway, we have booked to go FB, but after reading the reviews, it does seem quite expensive for drinks, and we do like to have a good drink!!(we are brummies afterall!!)LOL

Would it be best to upgrade to AI once we arrive on SI? Does anyone know how much this is?? Does AI include watersports?

Manks thanks and sorry for the 20 questions!!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

Your right, drinks are expensive.I have always gone on the AI option but im pretty sure you can upgrade once you are on Sun .Watersports are not included and will be charged to your room.If you go AI then you dont have to worry about the bill at the end.Your account is shown and updated daily on the tv in your room showing any purchases made ie shop,and watersports,and food not taken in the main restaurant .If you are like me its hard to turn down your first tiger around 11am in that heat lolo

enjoy Sun island its heaven

cfc

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

When you are checking in YOU can upgrade to the AI option. This is definately the way to go.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

Many thanks for your advice!oooo i cant wait!!

Glasgow, Scotland
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

Hi we go to SI in August on Honeymoon ...do you really make substantial savings by upgrading to AI on arrival? Grateful for any advice.

C

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

Yes you do. If you upgrade in this country, the travel agent takes there cut!!!!

Glasgow, Scotland
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

cheers Rousey

7. Re: Sun Island - FB or AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll