We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive at sun island

england
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive at sun island

Having read all the reviews, can anyone clarify exactly how many of the bars and how many of the restaurants you can use as part of ai?

I read one review where the guy felt like a second class citizen because he was ai, and not paying for the best bars and restaurants.

Did i read that you could upgrade to super ai, or was that another island? if you can, what does this include?

Also, do i need to take beach towells?

Only 9 weks to go!!!

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive at sun island

go to sun-island.com and click on premium packages on the left side of the screen. It will cover in detail the gold and platinum AI packages. The platinum package would cost you about $175 a day per person and would probably only be cost effective if you were . for lack of a better expression, a very special couple.

Regular AI is about $30 a day as I remember and you probably can use up that much just in drink costs (even non alcholic drinks). Drinks are very expensive in the Maldives and its important not to shirk on proper hydration.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive at sun island

you can use the main rest for your meals on the AI or the one by the water bungalows if your staying in one.

The thai,italian,will cost extra to eat at but ask your waiter at lunch for a discount voucher and take it with you.The meal will be charged to your room and you pay on departure.Dont know about the 2nd class part, i think its great not having to carry cash.

No need to take towels, as they will be provided daily in your room plus the guys at the pool give them to you each day you use the pool or beach close to it.

lucky you,wish i was going again this year

cfc

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive at sun island

Here is a link to whats included in the standard AI Package

roomallot.com/raprop_downloads/mv/9802/Norma…

4. Re: all inclusive at sun island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll