We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked AI at sun island ...

cheshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just booked AI at sun island ...

we have just booked with first choice for two weeks AI at sun island for mid june, we payed 1100 each, do you think we've paid too much to stay at this island or is that good value ( my boyfriend booked this as a surprise so havnt been involved inthe research!)

i was hoping you could answer the following questions...

is the swim up pool bar AI ?

Is there a hairdryer in the delux bungalows ?

How good is the sea view and beach in front of the bungalows ( stayed at vilamendhoo last year and were dissapointed with th quality of beach in front of bungalow)

How does this hotel compare with vilamendhoo ?

how often is there entertainment and what is it ?

How many TV channels are there ?

Thankyou!!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

In my book you did well on the cost.

1. yep the swim up bar is on the AI.

2.I know they have them in the supers but not sure you will need a hairdryer once you have totally chilled !

3.Probably the view around the supply jetty isnt the best.All are set amongst the trees to what i have seen but only a few paces from your own bit of beach.

4. sorry only ever been to sun 4 times.

5.Cultural shows,band.Kareo,crab racing,

6.quite a few channels ,hot on sport and movies.Good thing we found is you can fall asleep watching a movie and turn it on when you wake up in the morning and catch the part you missed lolol

np you will have a great time

cfc

cheshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

Thanks for that, also are cocktails completely not included if not how much are they roughly, also do you have any idea how much the restaurants that arn't AI cost ? thanks x

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

Drinks are quite costly if not on the AI.

Though the brands of drink which you would thing are international brands thus not on AI are actually named as the local brands.ie becks,tiger etc.

Other rests are not far away from prices at home ,ask your waiter for a discount voucher the day you are thinking of using one ie the thai.

No need to book usually just turn up.The bill will be added to your room which you can view each day on your tv.

(see another channel you can watch lolol)

If you have the odd rain shower at night then just dial for a pizza and it will be delivered to your room.

cfc

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

Hi

Just got back from Sun Island and I can tell you is that you will have a fabulous holiday.

With regard to the price, i actually work in a travel agents, and all i can say is that you must have got the biggest bargain of the year at that price, so you must count yourselves unbelievably lucky.

Yes swim up bar is AI

Delux bungalows do have a hairdryer

Not been to vilamendhoo, so can't answer that one, but we had a nice bit of beach in front of our bungalow, of course you do have a couple of trees first.

Entertainment like somebody else said is fairly low key, we saw a maldivian show, crab race, karaoke and a live band, but really just sat outside and listened to the sea and looked at the stars.

Can't answer the question about the TV channels, as we never ever watch TV whilst on holiday.

I know you will have an absolutely fantastic time, we did, it truly is a very beautiful island.

Southampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

Hi I've just read your profile here, and i just thought i would let you know that I've done loads of research and spoken to loads of people that have told me to go full bored not AL, lots of things are not included on the Al and you may feel like you've been ripped off, go full board and you buy the drinks you want. unless you are a big drinker then i would say go Al.

Plus it's also cheaper if you upgrade to Al once you are out there rather than booking through your agent that over prices everything.

We paid £1600 for both of us - save more money for extra trips scuba diving...

6. Re: just booked AI at sun island ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll