We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdryers at Sun island

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Hairdryers at Sun island

Hi

Going to Sun Island on 18 June, I've been reading some great reviews ant just can't wait to get there!!

Couple of questions if anyone can help:

Might sound trivial, but are the hairdryers at Sun Island any good, or should I bring my own?

Also will I need insect repellant - mozzies do seem to like me.

And probably the two most FAQ's:

Which are the best super deluxe rooms, and are there any I should stay away from

and

It won't rain TOO much will it?

Really appreciate any tips info on helping us make the most of our trip.

Thanx

Cubababe

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hairdryers at Sun island

packing a hairdryer just adds to what you have to take.The one in the room is ok says my wife.

take a mozzie plug in for your room and make sure the lights are off before opening the door. They spray the island daily but avoid smellies and use something like deet or autan and you will be just fine.

rain? nahhh its sun island.

All the rooms are ok , ive never been dissa over 4 trips

cfc

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hairdryers at Sun island

another tip re mozzies - try and get a second key for the room, they are card one which operate the electrics and then as suggested switch off lights but keep AC on - the little buggers dont like the Cold AC -

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hairdryers at Sun island

Are the outside showers an issue with the mozzies?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hairdryers at Sun island

No!! You just drown the buggers!!!

5. Re: Hairdryers at Sun island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll
Recent Conversations