We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos on sun island

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mosquitos on sun island

Hi,

Going to Sun Island for Xmas & have read conflicting reviews about mozzies?

Have they eradicated them from the island altogether, or will we still need mozzie repellant?

thanks

James

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitos on sun island

im going in october and would like to know also

thanks

lisa

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitos on sun island

They can never be eradicated. But the Island does smoke them. We always take a pug-in for the room. We have been 4 times to Sun and I would say between the 3 of us, 6 bites in total!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitos on sun island

.................Yes they smoke the island, BUT i would still take repellant

and use it.....................

..............cos the one time i did not use it i was badly bitten on the back of the legs, on the last night of the holiday, after doing

'speed packing', we went to eat, and then settle down in the Main Bar, BUT after rushing out of the room, i was the only one NOT to spray myself and guess who got bitten, BUT i have a bad reaction to bites, not everyone does, my hubby doesnt for instance, just a little irritation of an itch, BUT ME i really suffer, so IMO i would still take repellant and use it at night time.......

and remember to use Sun Lotion (high factor 30+), you still get a tan, but not the burn, even on 'cloudy' days... (again i speak from experience...!! forgetting to reapply sun lotion to ones face, whilst in a boat recording my girls on a Banana boat ride on our last day on Sun Island... whoops... silly and never again....!!...)

Enjoy your Xmas on Sun Island its a great place, we had a fab time, and would return in a 'heartbeat'... no money though..!!

cheers....... The DmM

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitos on sun island

take some spray and also take plug in for the room as batman says.some people seem to attract them.I personally never seem to get hit but i have seem people who get hit hard !!

generally its fine ,avoid wearing smellies etc and keep your room door closed when the lights are on .

cfc

essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitos on sun island

7 of us went to s/i end of feb this year, we did not see one ,and no one was biten take some stuff just in case . The medical centre is very good if you do have any probs .

6. Re: mosquitos on sun island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll