We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothes to take to the maldives

berkshire
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Topic
clothes to take to the maldives

hi everyone

we will be going to villamendhoo in april for the first time.i know the only footwear i will need will flipflops.

what i wanted to know was what to most females wear at nights? do i bring dresses or tops and shorts/cropped trousers.

cheers

westiegirl 8

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

HI

It varies really, what are you most comfortable in? i am not a dress person and prefer tops, shorts/cropped trousers but lots of women wear sundresses, skirts etc as long as it is casual and you feel happy then thats the way to go

regards susie

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

Westiegirl 8 was it not Jean Harlow who said

" A Woman should only wear a dab of Perfume behind the ears " ? LOL

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

Hi W GIRL

if you are anything like my wife you should take every thing that is in your wardrobe plus the kitchen sink .

Am i right guys !!!!!

Joking aside you dont need to take too much as you will normally where your fav things more than once plus they have a laundery service .

Enjoy your holiday and i might even bump into you as im of to vilamendhoo in april .

Gary

berkshire
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

hi guys

thanks for your advice susie,lifesaver,i think i need to wear more than a dab of perfume lol waiting on next installment of maldives saga,brilliant.gaza 100 you might not see me in april because i might take up all the space in suitcase;and you won't be able to go lol

happy hols

westiegirl 8

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

I took too much(will I never learn?) but my advice is take the coolest, thinnest cotton things you have and separates are good cos you can mix and match and have different outfits. Also beach cover ups cos then you can have your bikini/smimsuit on underneath when you go for breakfast/lunch and save on t shits and shorts.

Woody x

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

Hi Westiegirl,

It really is what is most comfortable to you,don't take 'maybe's',you won't wear them! It is hot, you want what is comfortable,not too tight! (& think you are going to eat good food ,think ahead to 'easy' waist clothes for the journey home too!

Did not actually meet many "t shits" in the Maldives Woody!!! although have previously in Greece & Spain!!LOL LOL

Suex

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

Oh dear Sue - too much Chardonnay!!! (again!)

8. Re: clothes to take to the maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll