We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

edinburgh
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

Well thanks to Officer Dibble, I now know that Athuruga is closed for several months this year. Thankfully I have been reallocated to Thudufushi.

Can anyone advise what we should look out for, any rooms to ask for etc.

thanks

Lee

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

We booked for Athuruga [nov 09] not had any reallocation offers as yet ,when are you going ?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

i got the travel agent to phone Kuoni to chase it up because they were saying it could be 2 weeks before we found out.

I am off there end of June start July

Lee

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

wasso

We had the same situation last time we went when we had booked Velavaru and heard it was closing months in advance and the tour operator was still denying it. We immediately asked to be transferred to a different island and ended up going to Veligandu. It saved any doubts and was defo good for peace of mind during the countdown. Thyere was no charge to change the booking.

If it was me I waould do it now.

Hope this has helped.

Wid

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

Hi Wasso

Athuruga is definitely closing so the quicker you contact your tour operator the quicker you will be able to sort out an alternative that suits you rather than them.

OD

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

I have mailed Kuoni we booked direct and they are awaiting a reply from planhotel to make alternative arrangements , looks like thudufushi will be offered , same price anyway just not 100% on thudufushi that is why we picked athururga as our first choice.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

I'm not sure why we never picked Thudufushi. We were looking for as few rooms as possible therefore less people.

Anywhy that's the future mrs mind put at rest, we can get back to looking at other things

Lee

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

Hi

Oh my goodness is this all true we are booked for Sep 09 and not heard anything from Kuoni!

Not happy!!

bury
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

it does say on kuoni's website it is closed for refurb 31/5/9-31/12/9

kuoni.co.uk/holiday/…priceLink

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

Hmm

This has put me off booking Thudufushi now for July. We had all but made our minds up, found a decent price etc., however if bookings have been taken for Athuruga, I can imagine a fair bit of "bumping" people off Athuruga onto Thudufushi as they are sister islands..oh well one less to choose from!

cheers

Ian

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Was going to Athuruga Island now going to Thudufushi Island

This is quite a shock as have done hours of research and not sure on Thudufushi even if it were offered to us as sounds too much entertainment on offer! back to the drawing board.

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll