We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Island Honeymoon

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Topic
Sun Island Honeymoon

Hi folks,

I am planning for a honeymoon vacation to Sun Island. I was looking at water banglow option which i feel will be quite luxurious and exotic.

After have read couple of rat threats, I feel is it worth so much? Also, can someone suggest the best room numbers for water bunglows at sun? I would want a large spacious sundeck ...

Cheers,

Hemanth

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

HI welcome to the forum, sun island is one of the largest islands with loads to do, we never saw any rats while we were there, thats not to say there aren't any we just never saw them so there can't be that many, we had a water bungalow on the right hand side as you look at them from the beach, these have the sun for a longer period and you get to see the most wonderful sunsets from this side, all the sun decks are the same size except for the large family ones at the end, the spa is wonderful and well worth going to, if it is your first time in the maldives you will be blown away by the islands, trust me you will have the most amazing time and a wonderful romantic honeymoon

regards susie

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

Awesome, Thanks Susie...

I hope it will turn out to be as good as i want it to be :)... Will ask for that preference on the water bunglow. Also, you suggest All inclusive plan here? We are Vegan and also not much into Alcohol but we don't mind good wine anytime in a day :)

Cheers,

Hemanth Gorur

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

Hi

As you say you are Vegan and Dont drink alot, i would recomend NOT going AI, the free wine on the AI package is OK but not the best, the best thing for you to do is to contact the island guest relations and inform them that you are Vegan, i would also ask your booking agent to do the same. The food is excellent and you will have plenty of choice , there is a wide variety and Multi National kitchen Brigade and they will help with all your requests.

Hope this helps.

Rumps

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

Hi

We have been to SI twice. Once AI and last year FB.

We aren't BIG drinkers wither & we found that it was better for us to go FB as it also gives you the chance to use the other bars (e.g golf bar) thats not included in the AI package. You still get 20% discount on food bill at the 2 A'la Carte restaurants.

If you can't book FB prior to departure you can upgrade in resort (which is what we did)

I was due to return to SI later this month & had intended to do FB again but have fell pregnant so unfortunately no lovely holidays for me for a long time !!! :-(

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

not drinkers chris? not what i seen hahahahah

cfc

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

...........Hi Chris, OMG just read this thread, and found out you are pregnant,, well now, how are you, and congratulations to you both!

............Great news, so...'what age can you take a baby to the Maldives..?', ha ha NO dont even go there, or begin the dreaded 'c' question, ha ha!!

............anyway, great to hear you still around!

............hoping you are keeping well?

..............no chance of Maldives this year either!

..may not even get a holiday, and its our 10th...

......................boo hoo, best wishes the DmM..x

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

not guilty

cfc

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

Hi DmM thanks for yr best wishes. Yes I'm still around...still checking on the lucky people going off to SI & reading the reviews :-(

...I'm doing well, just thinking Oooh what could have been! but I'm sure in 4 months time I will soon forget, although saying that my parents have now taken over the holiday, they go for 2 weeks to SI in August & no doubt will torture me with their photos & stories on their return!

CFC...U make me laugh ;-D Good job u went to Dubai a week later than me, although now after hearing stories of sewage in the sea & legionares disease in DXB I'm wondering if the baby will come out glowing green...ha ha

9. Re: Sun Island Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll