We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo

Off in a week! Can anyone tell us what trips are on offer this year? Last year we had an island hop to Lily Beach but that now looks as if it won't accept day trippers since its refurbishment.

Mexi x

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Mexi

Dont know about trips but we are off on Friday from Manchester. Soooooo Excited.

Where are you flying from?

Shona

jersey
Level Contributor
245 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo

No trips to Lily beach were on offer in Jan,but it wasn;t open either!

There was a trip to a neighboring island combined with a "locals" island (didn't go ,so can't comment)

Otherwise the usual fishing/snorkeling trips and island BBQ.Enjoy!

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Shona,

Flying from Gatwick.

M x

A Southerner in...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo

Great. Hopefully see you there then.

Are you going for one or two weeks?

I assume from what you say you have been before? This is our first time at the Maldives. Just 5 sleeps and 3 working days to go. Cant wait.

Shona x

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Mexi

Sorry, I posted the last message (reaching-moon) on my other halfs sign-on by mistake.

Shona x

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo

Going for 2 weeks - just can't wait! It's just so good!

We went to Vila last Easter and we are breaking our rule by going back to the same place twice. Have also been to Bandos and Meeru but we love the simplicity of Vila. No pool, for instance - why would you want to go in a pool when you have the Indan Ocean??!

Mexi x

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo

Thanks Mexi. Sounds fantastic. I am really impressed by the number of people who say they go back. We are just counting the hours down now.

Is Vila on the same time as Male? I heard some of the islands work on a different time but have heard conflcting info about Vila.

Also what is the best way to contact home. I only ask as my dog hasn't been well and need to check on him now and then.....

Hope we meet up when there

Shona xx

Manchester
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo

Shona,

Just returned and we're very jealous.Don't use your mobile it costs a fortune. Assuming your dog has an e mail address use that at reception. Minimal cost.

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamendhoo

Vila is on same time as Male. Texting works well for contacting home. Amazingly, there is excellent network covergae. Not long now.....

Halifax
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamendhoo

One day to go - yipee!!!

I am just off to pack now. Then I might treat myself to a nice glass of wine or two......

See you at the sunset bar Mexi

Shona x

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll