We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo

Guernsey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo

Hi all,tickets arrived yesterday for the 14th March for a fortnight flying from Gatwick cant wait ,aybody else going on these dates,we were last there in 2007 and it was fantastic best island we have been to,

Edited: 20 February 2010, 17:46
cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Geoff

We got our tickets yesterday too! We were last there in September 2008.

I am soo excited now i keep counting down and telling my family ooohhhh only.... days to go now! - they are probably sick of hearing it!!

Not long now - we arrive on 17th March - just gotta keep going til then!

See you there!

Freya

Sheffield
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Geoff

We are still waiting for our tickets!! We arrive at Vilamendhoo17th March flying from Manchester, it will be our first visit to this island but after reading all the positive reviews we can't wait!

Jen

Guernsey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Freya, i too am driving my wife crazy with not many days now etc,its been 3 years since we were on Vilamendhoo, but just the thought of the white sandy beach and all of those brightly coloured fish on the house reef wooooooooooooooooooow also 32 degrees and the sea so lovely and warm will have to get the mask snorkel and underwater camera out soon,all the best see you there Geoff, Hi Jann you are going to fall in love with Vilamenhoo it really is PARADISE i keep looking at the photos on the photo frame sooooooooooooooper see you there kind regards Geoff

Edited: 21 February 2010, 13:08
cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Jann

We fly out of Manchester on 16th arriving 17th March too!

You will absolutely love Vila - it's beautiful. It's unfortunate that it is getting refurbed this year as it will probably put it out of our price range after.

We are there for two weeks and are really looking forward to seeing our friends Dayakar and Robin again in the main bar!

Just one tip - take a small torch as it was dark when trying to get back to the rooms sometimes and also you can see the fish in the water at night!

Well see you there - any questions just ask!

Freya

Sheffield
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Freya,

Many thanks for the tip about the torch, probably wouldn't have thought of that! Very glad we are going before refurb, sounds as if a wonderful island will be spoilt by having water villas etc.

See you there,

Jann

south yorkshire
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo

Just returned from vila last night, this was our second visit there and it was perfect yet again. The coral is recovering very fast . Please check out beach bungalow number 7 this has been refurbished to an excellent standard and can be viewed on request and above all the staff have said it is staying as a 3 star plus resort . any questions please just ask and i will be happy to help.

Guernsey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Jen good to hear you had a lovely time on Vilamendhoo,how did you find this Island compared to Lily beach,we had a trip there last time we were on Vilamendhoo and i have to say i much preferred Vilamendhoo,i look forward to seeing the new room and i hope they will never put water villas there as it is so natural without them just as it should be,just over a fortnight to go now and i am really getting excited,all the best Geoff,

Edited: 25 February 2010, 12:51
south yorkshire
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Geoff

We were at lily beach in 2008 but do prefer vilamendhoo it is more natural . Sorry to have to tell you this but they are putting some water villas there approx 30 and also a swimming pool up by the sunset bar, Hopefully it wont spoil it too much but we will be going back again next year and give it a try .

jen

Guernsey
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Jen many thanks for the reply,we stayed in a Water villa in Veligandhu in 2008 and i have to say it was not a patch on Vilamendhoo,give me this Island any day especially the house reef it is incredible,once again many thanks kind regards Geoff ps hope the building work dosn,t start until April 15th

Edited: 25 February 2010, 20:00
cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamendhoo

Hi Jenwar

Thanks for the info. It is unfortunate that they are going to add water villas as they will just ruin the natural feel to Vila. They really should listen to the regulars who would just appreciate a lick of paint and keep it the way it is. They say it will stay three star but when they add water bungalows there is no way it would stay at the affordable price. It was a stretch this time but with water villas on the island the price is bound to creep up.

I love this island and hope we will return after our trip in march but from the way things sound it may be our last trip.

Why ruin a well loved island and natural reef/eco system with those blasted water villas when they have the regulars who love it?

So be it - we will enjoy our last trip there and find a new natural island like many ohers on TA.

Rant over!

Freya

Edited: 25 February 2010, 20:55
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll