We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
79 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

We are booking our honeymoon to Lily Beach next June/July and wondered if anyone could advise re beach villa or lagoon villa?

Bug price jump to deluxe water villa so can't really stretch to that but are lagoon villas worth the extra?

Any advice greatly received also if anyone can recommend specific rooms or area would be great.

Thanks

Stephy

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

I can't fault the beach villas but the lagoon villas are so much more impressive. If you can stretch for the extra money I think it is worth it.

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

I agree with Gengy. Having stayed in a lagoon villa this year they are worth the extra.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
79 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Thanks both for your responses. We are now hunting fr best deals. Destinology, Hayes & Jarvis and a smaller co all offer deals so watch this space! Thanks again :-)

Cardiff
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Another vote for the lagoon villas. Fairly private terrace and access to the best part of the island for the reef (I think so anyway!).

We stayed 9 nights and did the last 2 nights in a water villa, cost an extra £400 a night. I'd recommend having a night or two if a water villa if you can afford it, but more private and relaxing, but not as good for snorkelling.. and it's a bit further to the bars/restaurants..

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Yes to the Lagoon villas. Stayed i one before the refit.

However I thought the BVs were in a nice location themselves.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

With regards my previous post, the water villa was an extra 400 US DOLLARS and not Pounds Sterling. Still not cheap mind ;-)

chelmsford essex
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Hi We are staying at Lily Beach first 2 weeks in July next year so may see you there. Hope you have a wonderful wedding day. We ended up booking a beach villa as it was such a good price in comparison and we felt the amount saved would buy us another holiday but may have felt different if it was our honeymoon. Regards

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
79 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

We have now booked our honeymoon! In a Lagoon Villa.....

I noticed from some forums that some people say they were in a shaded spot or not as private position? Can anyone advise us a good location or Lagoon Villa number we could ask for that is in a more private and sunny spot? It would be great if we could get this final touch sorted for our honeymoon beforehand! Don't want much do i...!!!

Thanks for everyones help with their comments, much appreciated :-)

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Lucky you! you will love it.

201 is the most overlooked as it is nearest the beach outside Vibes. It and it's neighbour 202 (and 203/204) get most noise when the live band is playing (once a week)

We had 208 this year and were a bit dissapointed with the amount of sun we got but everything else was perfect (see the review)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
79 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lily Beach- beach villa or lagoon villa?

Hi thanks for your reply. So what would be your recommendation for a good location in lagoon villa? To be honest we wod prefer privacy over sun kissed location! Our view is we can find the sun in the resort but being our honeymoon we have to have more privacy.

Thanks for your help

Stephy

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll