We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo sun beds

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo sun beds

I was just wondering if they've numbered the sunbeds yet? I read in a previous post that the sunbed situation was a bit disorganised as the new sunbeds had not been allocated to individual rooms. Was wondering whether to bring my marker pen?!

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

Hi Mexi

I think I read on a recent post on Vila forum that they had started to number the sunbeds!

www.vilamendhooisland.com

Check the website out if you have not already - there is so much useful information on there.

I only have 16 days 21 hrs to go!!! woohoooo!

When do you go?

Freya

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

they have numbered some but not all, but had no problems with people using the ones outside our villas.

You can also ask the staff to move the beds from north side to southside if you want.

Sg

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

The ones outside our room were numbered but there were many spare at both ends of the island. We often sat at the Asian Wok end on the sand spit as the area outside our room was shady a lot of the day. There seemed to be more beds than rooms.

Lesley

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

My wife and I are planning a holiday on Vilamendhoo in mid October this year. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Are the garden Rooms OK?

Cheers.

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

You'll love it but I'd recommend spending a little extra and staying in a beach villa - well worth it in my opinion. We have just rebooked for next March and have opted to go with Kuoni rather than Thomsons - the latter only offer AI and we don't feel it's worth it. HB or FB are fine for us (not heavy drinkers) and much more economically viable.Shop around for best prices. I'd also email the island a couple of weeks before you arrive to request an area of the island for your room - check out some of the other forums for more info. We liked the room we had last year (192). Treat yourselves to some spa treatments while you are there!

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

The beach villas are far better than the garden villas IMO. This is just an opinion but the gardeny landscape in front of the garden villas is wanting, the vegetation is a bit straggly, I did not find it scenic. I stayed in a beach villa (167) and walked around the island a couple of times.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

We are returning for a 2nd Time and AI Again , as find I can tot up a hefty bill on water, coffee and soft drinks during during the day without adding booze to the equation.

I would agree a BV would be better than a garden room but if that was all that was available I wouldn't say no.

I suspect the landscaping will need time to settle down as when we were there in March, you could see all the plants being grown in a nursery but obviously vegetation takes time to settle so it will be interesting to see in Feb 12..

This is a link to the website and forum http://www.vilamendhooisland.com/forum.aspx

Edited: 14 August 2011, 18:56
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

Mexi and geriatic_jan,

Thank you both for your prompt replies and advice. We are now going to pay extra and go for the beach villas.

Cheers,

Alan

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

Smart move. You'll love it!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
90 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamendhoo sun beds

Thanks guys, we have now booked and paid for an AI Beach Villas with Firstchoice.

Thanks for the responses to my request for help/advice.

Alan and Pat

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll