We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendoo

uk
Level Contributor
153 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamendoo

I've been to Vilamendoo a number of times in the past but not since it had its recent makeover.

I want to go back but I'm struggling to find a UK travel agent that will let me opt for half board or B & B. Can anyone suggest a travel agent or tour operator? Hayes & Jarvis, Kuoni, Cosmos, letsgo2 are all showing FB or AI only.

Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendoo

As far as I know there is no HB option now, it is only FB or AI.

We went Ai in May and they were the only options available, I would check the Vila website but I am 99.9% sure you cannot book HB.

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendoo

As Jody says ,

I don't believe Vila offer any other options other than FB or AI so it doesn't matter which tour operator you choose they are unable to provide any other board basis .

I also recommend contacting Via direct just to see if you can get them to help.

Andy

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendoo

As the others say Vila is only FB or AI (indicated by a prison bracelet) ,even the Europeans only get offered this as well, So agree with Andy's suggestion to contact the resort but I think it is unlikely as these are the only options they give on their website

.http://www.vilamendhooisland.com/island/faq.aspx

Sg

uk
Level Contributor
153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendoo

That's great, thank you to you all for your help

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendoo

Hello

I agree with the above - only FB or AI Plus.

For some islands there are different mealplans available according to your nationality - but that is not the case on Vilamendhoo as only 2 plans are available.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

6. Re: Vilamendoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll